Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Into nowhere

First, let me tell you I lost my text this morning because I was too slow to save it into my journal.  At least I think that's what it might have been.  Can't blame AOL . . .or can I?

I really liked what I wrote, too, and there doesn't seem to be a way to save text while journalling.  Have to make a suggestion on that one.  For the most part, I love AOL.  I'm new to it, as it wasn't as readily available to me in Mexico.  I did have a blog, however.  I like journalling, but didn't keep the other one up very regularly.  Might have something to do with the number of kids I was caring for. 

In some ways, the other journal was easier.  If I wanted a picture, I'd just select copy and paste it in there.  This one's a little difficult and I don't like the white box around my pictures.  Eventually, I'll figure out how everyone else does it.

Anyway, I'm frustrated.  My lo-ong journey entry has gone the way of all dust-kitties, space objects, bodily noises, etc.- right into the air.

Back to the drawing board.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens.  Hope the rest of your day is glitch free.

Anonymous said...

Lots of us write entries in word and then cut and paste it into the journal.  (well not me....I do not have that kind of patients.)

Anonymous said...

You have two options built into AOL. If you click on FILE -> NEW -> TEXT DOCUMENT you'll get an editor window with a spell checker, the ability to change fonts, text size and color. Photo references (photos still need to be stored in your FTP space on AOL's servers) are easily inserted from the right-click menu. Files are easily saved and reopened for editing as needed.

Or, click on "WRITE MAIL" and compose your entry in the write mail window.

Best of luck,
wil

http://journals.aol.com/olddog299/DailySnooze/