Friday, October 15, 2004

Shoes, schmooz

These may be my favorite all-time shoes.  Up until I found these, my favorites were a pair of Uggh boots that I ware nearly all year 'round.  I have really beaten them up, but they are currently very close as my second choice. 

I am a comfort creature and my feet are always cold.  And if they are cold, I am cold and everyone around me is miserable.  Or at least they think so.  So, several years ago, the pair of Uggh boots came in our donations to the ministry.  After assuring myself they were clean, I slipped my feet in and I swear I hear an audible "thank you" from inside the boots.  Beautiful they are not, but they have been my mainstay for years. 

My second choice (now third) would be a slip-on shoe that I don have to bend down to put my foot in.  I'm not big on lace-ups, although I will wear them when the situation warrants.  I never wear heels.  Not that they don't look nice and all, but 15 years on bumpy turf makes for a "flats" decision hands-down.  Even now, I am not too comfortable in heels - actually afraid of them.  With good reason, too.  I recently tangled myself up and broke my wrist without the aid of heels. 

So, about a month ago, the pastor's wife and I go out to get our nails painted.  It was fun.  All the gals speak Vietnamese and Dora was having trouble understanding.  I don't speak Vietnamese, but am accustomed to listening to "pidgen" English, so was able to help her out.  When we were finished, we wandered around a bit and went into the shoe store.  Now, I don't need shoes.  I have my comfy slip-on sandals, a pair of slip-on churchy shoes and my Ugghs.  But as we were looking, Dora spotted these.  "Don't you wear some boots like this?" she asked.  Do I ever!  She had found what could possibly have been the buy  of the century for me.  And on sale!

These little shoes are furry inside like my Ugghs, but have the ease and comfort of being slip-ons.  My toes are snuggly warm and I am happy as I can be.  I'm trying to figure out how to dress them up for church. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about cold feet, it is so uncomfortable and truthfully distracting! Love those comfy ol boots. Please feel welcome to pop on over to my journal and read about my favorite footwear and let me know what you think. Warmest regards.