Tuesday, November 7, 2006

A Blessed and Thankful Tuesday

            

I've had some "Thankful" comments and notes from people and have read a couple of journals that have those kind of entries as well, whether participating with me or not.  Here's one by my friend Chuck whose journal is Dribble by Chuck Ferris:

Thankful.  I wrote a full page about the old folks home where I live, telling why I was thankful for living here.  I posted it on the bulletin board and sent copies to the landlord, owner.
  Some few people stopped me in the hall to say they agreed but usually kept their mouths shut because the popular thing here is to COMPLAIN... about the food, about the service, about the rent, about the music in the halls, about the temperature, about the activities.  
  Somehow it is easier to complain than it is to express thanks.  Why is that, and why does it increase with age?
Comment from chasferris - 11/6/06 3:38 PM

And one from my friend Lisa in Florida:  Hi Penny!!!  Very lovely entry!!!  I agree we should all be filled with thankful thoughts this time of year!!  We have so much God has blessed us with.  Hugs,
Lisa

As well, from Natalie.  Please check here for the responses she has gotten from journalers:  Dear Penny
RIght now I want to mention how grate ful I am that my family is doing okay Penny! thank you!
love,natalie

Carolyn said this:  That's so great that Andrea is really permanent now!!!  I'm making happy noises for you all!  2 Things I'm grateful for is all the new friends that God has blessed me with through journaling!  And I'm thankful that my Husband was finally able to afford to take a week off, and that we were able to save up to take our little guy to Disney for the day on his birthday!  We desperately needed (still do) some real family fun time, and I'm very grateful that we got some!!!  HAve a great weekend Penny!  I'm real happy for your family!  Love Carolyn
Comment from
lifesabench6
- 11/3/06 7:55 PM

I just want to tell all of you - those who wrote in my journal, Natalie's and in your own journals of your gratitude - how very very grateful I am to be in this community.  We all seem to get closer every year, don't we?

Now on the home front.  We have all been struggling through the heat wave here in Southern California.  The Santa Ana winds have made us drip with the heat.  It was about 94 degrees here.  I'm grateful that we live in a place that has plenty of water for drinking, showering and rinsing off our beleaguered pets. It isn't this way in Mexico or in many 3rd world countries for that matter. 

The girls have received their first quarter report cards and all are B or better!  At this school the achievers are members of "Renaissance" to reach Honor Roll you must have a B+ or better.  They will all get a t-shirt, a trip to miniature golf and lunch.  I am so proud of them!  Guess what we are thankful for today???

We are so blessed!  In our struggles, we see that the Lord has always carried us through through and will do so now.  So even the bleakest days have a little blue skies and sunshine for us. On this awfully hot day, we had a cool fruit salad for supper, making us all comfortable and refreshed.  The fans are running still although it has cooled down outside, the girls have fallen asleep and I'm about to do that very same thing.

Please leave the things you are thankful for in my comment section or write it in your journal and leave me the link. I'll be back on Saturday to print up what you have told me. I pray that you will all have a wonderful night - turn off the election results, my friends.  The news will be there in the morning.  May the Lord bless and keep you
                                      

                              

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful you are my friend, Penny. ;)

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I'm putting something I'm thankful for at the end of every entry through November.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you.  You remind me that I do have it good.  I don't have to worry about the water supply, how to stay cool or warm.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))Hi there,thank you for visiting my journal,sorryy have to cut this short,I am off to work.I dont mind the thankful month.I like it.I will put you on my alerts.Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))Hi there,thank you for visiting my journal,sorryy have to cut this short,I am off to work.I dont mind the thankful month.I like it.I will put you on my alerts.Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I like your journal.  Here in Hertfordshire, UK, I am thankful its raining and not any colder!!  Terry

Anonymous said...

Penny!  I've got to say, I am so very thankful to all of you who helped cheer me up after the elections. (Sorry to bring out the rant in you lol!)  I am so blessed by you!  I have to tell you what I posted on Sam's (http://journals.aol.com/gravydogg55/samsays/)tonight, as he e mailed me and reminded me of things.  I replied to him this evening when he said that no matter what, the earth will still be going around in the morning!  I said, yes it was, and that it was also a beautiful day- God's trying to help me to remember to Trust Him!   Anyway- Thank you Sam, Thank you Lord!  Good girls on their great school marks!  I hope you get relief from the heat soon!  We finally have had it cool a little, and it feels so good to have to wear a sweater at night!  God Bless Penny!  Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cool... you mentioned me in your entry!!!!  Way to go Penny!  Luv n Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny
I am gratful for freinds who kep in touhc and who help us jsut because they care!
love you,natalie

Anonymous said...

Part 2

I would call you this day dear one, to turn away from all habits of disobedience that have limited Me from releasing My full blessing and power upon your life. What good would it do Me to take the restrictions away from your life and bless you if you are not yet ready to walk in full obedience before Me? What I have planned for you to do in the harvest will require full obedience, not just partial obedience. If you continue to walk in disobedience simply because you mistakenly think you are already cursed, you will only be creating the very problem that you are trying to avoid. Trust and obey My love.
 
    This is a day when all of My people will be required to repent of all disobedience and walk completely righteous before Me. No person will escape My day of correction and holiness, so make the decision today to fully cooperate with what I require of you, and forsake all that has been hindering you from moving ahead. I will help you as you take each step forward to get rid of all remaining hindrances, but you must go beyond mere words, and take firm action. I can only steer a moving object. My day of blessing has come My love, so rise up this day and just know that My will is indeed to bless you.


Anonymous said...

Part 1


I recieved this prophetic word via email...It really touched on where  Iam in my life..The line that says, " I can only steer a moving object" was like..wow and wow

My Will Is Indeed To Bless You
 
    My dear one, I have seen you question whether or not My heart is to bless you in life, and I want to make things absolutely clear this day that My will is indeed to bless you, and never to curse you. You have often compared your life to the lives of others around you and supposed that you were somehow cursed and not loved and valued by Me as much as them, but that is simply just not true. I have dealt with you differently from the very beginning because I wanted to shape your heart into one that would love like Mine does, and one that would walk in all of My ways, and not just some of them.