Wednesday, June 15, 2005

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

I'm so glad Andrea doesn't read my journal.  Actually, it's tough getting her to read anything!  So I can say what's on my mind without fear of embarrassing her to death.

My little baby girl is growing up!  Maturing!  Becoming a young lady!!!  What did I get myself into?  She's getting bumps on her front and shape to her waist and behind.  Now we have to have thre first "talk"  You know the one, don't you?  The monthly visitor talk.  Ugh!

We started the talk this morning, but Andrea wasn't quite comprehending what would happen.  She asked if she did something wrong?  Was that why?  No, it happens to all girls somewhere between the ages of 10 and 15.  She asked if we couldn't talk about this when she's 15.  I told her no, that some things shouldn't be left as a surprise.  She thinks the whole thing is yucky! 

So tonite we go out onto the Internet in search of something that will give her better understanding than my lame explanations and crudely drawn pictures of a woman's reproductive systems. 

HELP!!!  I'm too old to be doing this again! 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is an excellant book, "the care and keeping of you", it  covers everything from hair to braces, to periods in a conservative,mature fashion. I gave it o my daughter to read, then we discussed it together after, I then gave her a starter supply of  three sanitary pads, I said keep these with you , just in case,  this all was when she was 11 , her period came  a year later. Her first period she was real crampy but Tylenol helped just fine! the first cyle was all of three days!  then 29 days later  it started again.  I am scared of the sex talk we still haven't had  LOL  the period thing was easy!  GOOD LUCK!
Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

Oh you will do fine!! I missed you so much!! Its awful having to sit with mom and hear about the birds and the bees plus your period. But i wouldnt know. My mom never had that talk with me. I learned it at school. And from my grandma.
Let me know what happens after your searchonline and the talk! Love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

The trouble with these`talks` are that never get any easier !  :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

IM SOOOO GLAD THEM THERE TALKS ARE OVER FOR ME LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sure you are doing just fine Penny! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  I thought it was yucky too!  Still do!  LoL!  I'm so glad I have two boys and only one girl and will only have to go thru this talk once.  
Hugs,

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, bless you, Penny...I am sure you are doing okay explaining it, hon.  Those years are so hard, aren't they.  ~sigh~ xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I don't know what to say except... oh my, I have to do this in about 6 years!  :-(  I don't  even know what I'm goingt o say except... It's so aweful and it's Eve's fault! LOL  

Try to take it a special thing that the two of you can share; I guess like a secret?

Take her to a nice boutique or Victoria's to buy her a nice camisole for special occasions and plainer ones for everyday.  Then while you are there you two can look at all the pretty bras and try to make it more like dress up I guess.  She's still young... Hey I'm not young anymore and I still want pretty undergarments!  :-)
Hum, will think on it more.  Just an idea!  
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

I turned my journal over to our son for Father's day. They grow up fast.
Gabreael

http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I have all boys!  Giving them their "Talk" was much easier than having to do so for a little girl.  Thanks for visiting my journal today.
~~Kath~~
http://journals.aol.com/dklars/SecretGarden