Thursday, June 23, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Here are the first of the promised pictures of our little home.  We're still working on it, but things are beginning to take shape.  My first focus was on the kitchen.  I wanted kind of a chili pepper theme and chose red to dominate.  We still need to paint trim, but have had wonderful luck locating red dishes, pots and pans and appliances.  I'm tickled with the result so far. 

Rob has been working on the front yard and the grass is greening up.  It's so nice to sit out there.  We found some good furniture and we've planted a couple of tomatoes and some flowering plants.  It's really beginning to feel like home.

Andrea loves her new home.  She has a neat yard to play in and a room that we are going to decorate to her specifications.  She's picked out colors and has seen a bedspread combination that she likes.  We hope to get a computer up and running for her in there as well, though not online just yet.  That will need to be supervised.

Next I'll take pictures of the living room and office.  The bathroom is in blue and white.  Living room furniture blue.  Rob loves eagles and we have an eagle corner and the rest of the room is slowly coming around to my way of thinking.  The office area is a total mess!  We spent a couple of weeks just rrying to get all the computers online.  When I have more than a day off at a time, I want to tackle that area. 

I love our new home!  Yes, we pay rent on it, but having lived as a missionary for so many years, it's nice to have something we can call "ours"  We are so comfortable even though there is still a lot of work to do.  I think God chose this little haven just for us. 

After all, we are His kids.

"Let the little children come to me . . ."   Matthew 19:14

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like home to me!

Anonymous said...

everything takes time, it will happen, but looks great so far!!
~ Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo - love the house!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!! Please add a pic of you. I love the red theme.....and am glad you are able to plant flowers and such. Its wonderful that Andrea has her own room, too. You are such a good mommy! Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

It all looks lovely, great kitchen theme. I am glad you are all so happy.  Look forward to more pics. xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home Penny! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

What an interesting and rewarding life you have had.  I'm in your age group and have a 34 year old son . ..  but have three little ones . . .  2 Schnauzers and a Maltese!  LOL.

Isn't your house cute.  I'll bet this is a wonderful change for you!  A new life.

Stop by:
http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your kitchen!  It's adorable!  What a charming home you have!  I would love to have a place like that.  I especially like that you have a fenced in yard.  Sounds like things are coming along so well!  
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

    Oh, I am so happy for you, Penny !  It is perfect, and I know that you and your family will create many wonderful memories there.  God bless !  Tina

Anonymous said...

oo i love your kitchen...its sooo pretty mine is done in birdhouses and apples..doesnt seem to sound like it would go together but it does quit well...even my border has apples and birdhouses

Anonymous said...

Your home looks lovely Penny.  I love the kitchen !  :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your little "nest", the kitchen is really pretty.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

I love how it is coming along, Penny!  Wonderful! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

How cute! Your kitchen looks adorable! Don;t know if u all have a Deals Dollar store there, but they carry things that would probably look great in your kitchen!!! God bless you, Beckie

Anonymous said...

Penny, the house looks wonderfully cozy!  I am so glad for you!  It is such a beautiful feeling to own money when you have something you can be proud of to show for it, huh?  It makes all he difference in the world!  :-)  I love the pic of Andrea -- such a cutie-pie!  BTW, how is her elbow and bum doing?  It looks beautiful.  I LOVE the red... one of my favorite colors to decorate with.  We have a red couch in our livingroom.
~Miss O