Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Ramblin'

It's Tuesday and I'm getting ready to go to work.  Andrea has a picnic or something with some other homeschool kids today and tomorrow is our last meeting with the teacher/advisor for this school year.  Time has really flown by!

I've been working about 2 months now and I'm pretty happy doing that.  It feels good to go into the office, do work and get paid for it.  It's been a vey long time since I did that.  I think the last time was like 1987. 

Not that I wasn't doing something!  I was caring for kids in Mexico.  I miss that sometimes.  Well, a lot.  Not the work, but the kids.  I doubt that I could handle it anymore.  20 to 30 kids living with you can be quite a handful.  Many times their personalities clash and they fight.  It seems there's always some kid in tears.  I guess that's life anywhere.

Sometimes I will look at a mom with a baby or toddler and get all emotional.  I want one.  Then I remember that it's not all cute and fun.  You become responsible to see that they grow up right.  That's what we are doing with Andrea.  One is enough now.  Most of our peers are done with that and are having fun with their grandkids.  Not us.  Not my sister Sharon, either.  She's raising he granddaughter.  We have more in common now than ever!

I guess I'm just rambling.  The passage of time has done that to me.  I spend more time thinking about stuff.  Not worrying, mind you - what good does that do?  Thinks always work out.  I spend more time thinking about God and my relationship with Him.  I regret some of my past, but can't change it and He's forgiven me even if I haven't and others haven't.  I can live with that.  The truth is, though  have some regrets, I wouldn't change a thing.  I like who I am today and all of that has molded me into this.

I just wish someone else could benefit from my mistakes.  Doesn't happen often.  We all have to make our own errors in judgement.

I hope you all have a good day.  Be blessed in the Lord, my friends.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are happy in your work. I could not imagine working with that number of children. Must have been hard but very rewarding.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately it is the case that only we learn from our mistakes. As long as we learn , of course, some people never do. It`s good to hear you say you are happy the way you are., with some it is never the case. I also think regrets are a pointless exercise. I won`t say I never have them, but they never help.  Have a great day Penny. :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I like who you are today too Penny! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

A beautiful entry, my friend. You are a very wise lady, did you know that? And your friendship has already taught me things. To look at things from not one point of view but listen to others with experience and just try to do the right thing. I am glad you like your job. And i cant imagine being with that many kids at once. I dont have the patience. Take care, sweetie. Love, lisajo