Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Poor Baby!

I can't believe this has happened1  I stayed home for a while this morning so I could go with Andrea for her last parent/advsor meeting of this school year.  We turned in her work, got books for the summer and had a little chat with the teacher.  I drove Andrea home, grabbed a bologna sandwich and headed off to work.  The bird had a fit because I was leaving again, but he'll see me tonite.

I've been at work less than 2 hours and Rob has called twice.  The first time, he was upset.  Andrea was cleaning her room (I asked her to do it) and moved her bed some and broke the window.  He said she had a small cut on her elbow, but was otherwise okay.  He was not at all happy.  I understand, because we will have to pay to fix the window . . .but . . . accidents happen and I told him so.

The second call was more concerned.  Apparently, she fell through the window and had cut both elbows and her butt.  He wasn't quite sure how to handle this . . .she's at an age where daddy fixing the boo-boo on her bottom is a sensitive issue.  I told him to bring her out to me and I would fix her up. 

They arrived about 30 minutes later, bag of first-aid supplies and a change of clothes in hand.  Andrea is limping.  I took her into the kitchen and cleaned up both elbows - one is very minor, the other a little deeper.  Then I had her bare her bottom for a look-see.  Her pants and panties were full of blood and I had to peel away a paper towel to see the wound, which was fairly deep.  After cleaning, I put a pretty professional looking butterfly on and then a big telfa bandage.  Poor kid!  She looks like the walking wounded, but will survive.

I told him to take her home and let her take a nap.  She probably will, because I gave her an Advil.  Her bed is full of glass, so she'll have to lie on the couch until we get it cleaned up. Rob feels pretty bad about yelling at her for breaking the window, but since she's all right and the window is replaceable, his hugs will help more than anything.

Boring day at work?  I still have nearly 4 hours to go . . .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment with kids around.

Anonymous said...

Awww, bless her heart. Hope she is healing nicely. So glad it wasn't worse. God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

oh dear, I know it's serious, but it sounds almost comedic!  I am trying to picture it in my mind and I kinda giggle,  hope she will be OK!!!
~ Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

Oh poor little mite.  Cuts can really hurt.  Thank God it was not even more serious.

Anonymous said...

Poor Andrea. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} for Andrea.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

    I'm glad Andrea is okay.  Sounds like you all have had quite a day...I hope tomorrow is a better one .... Tina

Anonymous said...

Poor Andrea, but I`m glad she is ok now, though she must be very sore. Lots of ((((hugs)))) for her!  :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  Hugs to all of you...bless Andrea...xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

That is great that you know how to butterfly stitch.  My grandmother did that for me once.  Hope Andrea feels better!  Ouch!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

HOPE THE LITTLE ONE IS OK!!!!  HMMM ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN DAD!!! JUST BE GLAD UR BABY IS ALL RIGHT

Anonymous said...

Wow, poor Andrea and poor Rob!!!  Growing up is not easy! Thank God you were there to pick up the pieces and save the day. What would they do without us moms? I hope Andrea is ok now.
Love, lisa