Saturday, December 4, 2004

Weekend Assignment #37

Qualities - who really ever thinks about them anyway?  I mean unitl someone says to you, "You're a (nice persone, scmuck, sweet, nasty, etc.)" it not part of your thoughts.  I don't go about looking at what I'm doing to check out my qualities.  And they change, don't they?  When I was a little kid, I was precocious and cute.  I'm sure not that now!  cute doesn't really fit when you are all grown up and out.

Well, you all know my best quality anyway.  John wants the second best.  I'll tell you, we had a personal qualities battle going on here this morning.  You know, like that donkey in Shrek - "Pick me!  Pick ME!"  And I don't think well before my first cup of coffee.  It was a struggle.  But pick I did.  Are you in suspense?

You did want good qualities, didn't you John?  I mean, I have some awfully prominent not-so-good qualities.  Yes, well.

It's friendship.  I'm a good friend.  Like a dog.  Loyal to the end.  I won't tell your secrets even if I want to. That's it.

Now what quality would I like to have more of?  Duh!  Patience.  That request has been high on my list for years.  Want it now.  Been waiting a long time.  I need it before someone dies. 

There you have it.  No, I'm not telling the bad qualities.  They have big enough mouths on their own without me helping.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good that friendship is a very good quality  to have!

Anonymous said...

There is a saying "Patience is a virtue". One lesson I have learned; if you wait long enough for something, chances are, you will have forgotten about it by the time it happens.
Sylvia
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

Yes Penny, you are a great friend.  Everybody should have as loyal a friend as you.  Thanks for your friendship. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

How come we all can think of a long list of bad qualities about ourselves and it is much harder to come up with a couple or a few good qualities?  Hmm... I was going to do this assignment, but I am finding it hard.  I like your entry here!  Good job!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome second-best quality :)

Danielle

http://journals.aol.com/danielled1/Everybodyknows/

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- I sure am glad you are my friend!  Having a friend who is loyal is the best kind of friend to have!!!!  I bet you still have days when you are precocious and cute.  If it was part of you then it will still creep out a little when you least suspect it later.  

Sorry it took me so long to get here and thank you for being there for me yesterday.  I was so thankful for all who responded.  It was a rough time for me but you'll have to check out my recent entry as I have found a solution with great joy and relief.  My soul feels so peaceful about it and my ex is happy because he gets to see his son.  The only one not happy is the new wife who wasted some money on a ticket.  Oops.  I told her she can deduct it off the thousands her husband owes me if she wants.  I suspect she is not a bit happy with me at the moment but I can't continue to let her bully us into her whims at the expense of my own conscience just because she has lottery monies.  I realized my feelings about my son and flying are much stronger than even I knew.  I will barely permit him to fly when he is with someone he loves and knows and trusts.  The alone thing is just too much for me just yet.  In time.  All in good time.        
Lisa  

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I know where John gets his sense of humor! - Karen
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin

Anonymous said...

That is a wondeful quality!  Good for you!