Friday, December 3, 2004

Off to the Movies Again

We got a chance to take Andrea to see the Polar Express today.  She was enthralled!  Andrea doesn't really know any Christmas tales, so television and this movie have kept here little eyes bright.  As I said before, she knows why we celebrate Christmas, but this is quite a wonder for her.

The movie was very fun.  We enjoyed the computer animation & the all over story.  I know I will love the book, which I understand has quickly become a classic since it was published about 20 years ago.  How I wish I could write like that.  I would love to be able to entertain people with my words and imagination.

After a bit of shopping and the movie, I am tired tonite.  We have some things to wrap and put under the tree - it's up! and beautiful!  I am excited to decorate the rest of the house now.  We have a singing reindeer and a santa up, but I have to find my nativity set.  Christmas time just wouldn't be right without it.

Whatever holiday you celebrate at this time of year, I hope you are filled with joy at the prospect.  I am remembering other Christmases and pageants and pageantry and I just love it.  I love to celebrate the very best Gift ever given.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie, and glad you are enjoying the season! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

So pleased you had a lovely time and your mention of nativity scenes made me think about getting mine out of its wraps soon. Have had it for over 20 years - a joint effort by hubby and I.
Sylvia
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

How nice!!  Sounds like your home is really getting into the Christmas spirit!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that a great movie!!??  I just thought it was awesome graphics!!  Wonderfully told.  So creative.  Magical too.  OOOOOoooooo I LOVE shopping!!
What did you buy???  I have so much fun shopping for Christmas.  I just love it- all the hustle and bustle I find to be great fun!!  (Except when my feet hurt...) I have finally bought Christmas lights for outside the house and have never lived in a house with lights so I am so excited about this Christmas that we are going to have a decorated house INSIDE and OUTSIDE!  Way fun!  I guess we never get too old for the wonders of our Savior's birth and all of the celebration for His birthday!!
Lisa