Thursday, May 19, 2005

Worth Waiting For

We did it!  We spent the first night in our new home last night.  It was wonderful!  Hank hasn't finished all of the work yet, but our bedrooms and the living room look good, the bathroom in functional and the kitchen too, once we get Hank's tool out of there.

It was really strange waking up there this morning.  I woke up fully refreshed at 5:00 am - I never do that anymore.  There was just a little gray light streaming in the window and it was so pleasant.  Last night, while we were watching TV together, I got this warm-all-over feeling and looked around at our things.  My grandmother's book-case, our computers, a hearth and my family.  My eyes filled with water and I guess I was grinning because Rob said, "What, honey?"  It just feels so darn good. 

I loved the years in Mexico.  I wouldn't change a thing.  I had the chance of a lifetime to be a mom to hundreds of kids, be a nurse, deliver a baby and leave a legacy.  It was a sweet, sweet life.  But for the last years, I never had privacy.  I never slept through the night.  My honeymoon was shared with a houseful of children.  No complaints; it's just the way it was. 

But now, our little family has its first real home together.  We don't have to share anymore with friends or other children.  It's just us.  I am so grateful to God for that tiny little house.  We've waited a long time.

It was worth the wait.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah the peace of true contentment
~ Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours a very happy life in your new home.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased for you.... just to have your own front door is just bliss, a wonderful feeling and I hope you have many years of happiness there.  :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  God is good!
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Oh your happiness makes me smile! You deserve this time!!!! I am so happy for you...enjoy yourself...love, lisa

Anonymous said...

So glad you have a house now Penny! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I am sooooooooooooooo happy for you, Penny!!!! Love ya! Val
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Just two years ago we woke up in our first real home too.
Welcome home!
Laura