Friday, May 13, 2005

The Assignment "Before" the Weekend Assignment

I was reading the weekend assignment and I'm going to do it, really I am.  I do have a favorite teacher and I know what I liked second best.

But first . . . I remember well John's 6th grade class having their business, working and selling and finally producing a memorable play.  I was a working mom at the time and didn't get to attend every special event at school. I did, however, attend the play the Mr. Johnson's class put on.

It was wonderful!  John was great as the Artful Dodger.  What makes this memory more exciting is that just as we found pictures the other day, we found pictures of John I didn't even remember having - one of them on stage with Fagan.  I just had to share this with you! 

In case you're wondering, John is the one leaning on the cane. The kids did what I would call a professional job with this play.  Never had I then or since seen such young kids put on such a show.  Accordingly, the proud mama speaks up!

So that said . . .here it is.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a photo to treasure and it's good to be a proud mum.
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Aw, nothing like a mother to keep you humble!

Anonymous said...

I love it!  I went to my local high school's production of Oliver and it was wonderful as well!  I just LOVE school productions!  Thanks for posting this precious pic, Penny! Love ya! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts