Tuesday, May 10, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!

Today is my son John's birthday.  I wanted to share with you here because you all know and love him.  I do hope this entry won't embarrass him too much.

He was born after 3 days of arduous labor.  They wouldn't let me go home to labor because his sister had been born so quickly and also because we lived nearly an hour from the hospital.  It wasn't an easy labor and delivery - he weighed 8 lbs!  We didn't have ultrasound and the like back then, so it was always a guessing game, but I knew he was a boy. 

This picture was taken in 1971.  By this time I was a single mom and paid one of those door-to-door photographers to take pictures of us.  Later on, I'll share the others. Today, John is in the spotlight.

I hope you all run over to his journal at By the Way and wish him the best.  I'll be doing that - after all, no matter how old he is, he's still my kid.

Happy Birthday, John, I love you.  Mom

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I had a three day labour as well, know what it is like.  You are right, they are always our children!  Will wish him a happy birthday xxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday John!  A little embarrassment never hurt our kids.  That`s what Mum`s are for. lolol!  :-)   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I sent him two ecards! and my journal entry tribute:
http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind/entries/882
thank you for raising such a great kid!!!
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Cool!  I am on my way over to wish him a happ one! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

It's my first visit!  Happy Birthday to John...we just love him...and thanks to you for raising such a beautiful person to guide us through journaling!  Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Penny, when is your bday? Let me know. I will send a happy bday shout out to John. He sure has a GREAT mommy!! Love ya, lisa

Anonymous said...

Awwww... He was such a cute kid! ANd, I was already over there and wished him a Happy B-day!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

awwwww such a cutie!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....your picture is "X'd" out!!  Anyway, tell him I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNNNN!!!!!!

Hugs, Trina

Anonymous said...

Never mind....it came up...gotta love AOL!!  LOL

Trina

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of my old neighborhood. The lady that lived in the apartment above us with her boyfriend actully gave birth to her daughter in the bathroom.  Anyway,thought I'd pass that along and say thanks for the greeting cards.
-Dawn-

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Look at him!

http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/MyLife/

Carolyn