Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Work!

Monday, Rob and Andrea and I went shopping most of the day.  We bought a couple of tires for my car and some other cool stuff.  It was really great.  We enjoyed ourselves tremendously.  Then we got home . . .

There were 21 messages on my voice mail!  One was from a friend, the rest were attempts from my pastor and his wife to locate us.  We thought there was an emergency.  There was, of sorts.  The pastor wanted me to start training on the job yesterday!  I was nearly paralyzed.  I knew that I was going to start.  I knew it would be around the first of April.  I knew these things, so why was I surprised?  I hadn't even prepared my resume.

The first day was yesterday.  For two days I will be training in Carpenteria, then on the the office in Santa Paula.  With a bit of apprehension I arrived at the right time and began my training.  The job will be easy!  In Santa Paula, I will be the only office worker, so I can take a book to read when it's slow, a laptop, whatever I like.  It's a really relaxed atmosphere.  The "big boss" called from Vista to welcome me to the family.  How about that?

So now I'm a member of the workforce.  It's totally amazing.  Just two days ago I was a retired missionary.

Andrea hates that I've gone to work.  She thinks her daddy should be the one.  She wants more mommy time.  I understand, but am glad to be doing something finally.  I think I'm going to like it. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting the job Penny.  Good luck  to you, I hope it all goes well for you  :-)    Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I think its great you're going to work!  Andrea will get use to it...just gonna be new for a while.  Glad to see you're doing good!

Be blessed......Trina

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased for you. Andrea will come to understand that her mummy has needs to.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job....I am glad its relaxed and you seem to enjoy it. I am glad you, Rob and Andrea went shopping and had a good time. Andrea will get used to it eventually. Especially when she sees that you like it. Hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Congrats on the new job!  I think that is awesome!  I hope you like it!  Great you can bring a book or a laptop for the slow times.  Some companies won't permit you to blow your nose while working!  Oh and I so feel for you buying tires... we just bought two also.  Sears was our best deal.  21 messages!  That is a lot!  I haven't had that many since going on vacation...  well best wishes to you with the new job.  You will be great working for a pastor.  Andrea will adjust and will probably love all that extra money you'll have to spend on her.  YAY!  Money can be a good thing sometimes.
Hugs,
Lisa
 

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! Sounds like you are going to enjoy it!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

    Good for you !!    Congrats ..... and enjoy !!  Tina

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job. I am glad to see you are enjoying be back in the work-force. Isn't it great when a plan falls together.

God Bless,
TiasNme2

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are happy you are working.  So how IS it going?  I am so slow visiting people's journals.  Eeeks.  Hope the job is going well!  xox

Anonymous said...

Hope things are going well for you at your new job.  I am very late on visiting journals.  Sorry I haven't IMed or emailed in a long time.  I have been doing wedding things and went with Val to Baltimore.  We will have to catch up soon.  Hope you are enjoying your job. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink