Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Musings

Good Morning!  So I fell into bed last night early, crashed before I could even see one TV program and slept right through until 6:30 am when my bladder insisted I get up.  Through the night, I heard door creaks and door slams as people got on and off my IM.  I also heard alerts and the little click when the alert (23 of them!) was sent to my mailbox.  And though I heard it all, I couldn't wake up.  I guess I needed my sleep

First thing this morning Dufus climbed onto my shoulder and gave me "cariños'.  He didn't get my attention last night.  He's been back to the cage once to go potty, but is clinging close to me.  I just love this little bird.  Never thought I would care this much for a bird. 

The pictures are some more from our trip on Saturday to see family.  I just had to take pictures of these roses!  Have you ever seen so many colors on one rosebush?  I haven't.  Even the single color ones are just beautiful.  On our way home, we ran into weather for a bit and Rob got some great pictures of the angry clouds on the horizon.  Just thought I'd share them with you.

I really like my new job and believe it or not, I actually like working.  It's been so many years, I didn't know if I could adjust, but here I am.  Working in the 21st century!  Wow!  Never thought I would.  Figured I was too old.  That's what I get for thinking.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the rose bush, so pretty, and as for those storm clouds, they do look angry!  :-)  Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics .. How come I can't get my flowers to look like this ?  Hope you had a good visit with your family.  Always nice to touch bases, isn't it ?  Tina

Anonymous said...

I would like a rose bush just like that.  Lovely.  The pictures of the storm clouds are really great.  Love a good storm as much as I love roses.

Anonymous said...

Penny, i love those rose bushes. Wish i had some that looked so pretty...love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Storms scare me when I am out in them in the car or outside in them.  I do love them when I am in my home safe and sound.  I love the sound of the wind and the rain, especially at night!  Wonderful pictures!  The rosebushes are astoundingly beautiful!!  God's majesty was shown in your pictures!!  I am soooo glad you like your job! xox

Anonymous said...

Great photos.  Pretty flowers.  Are those funnel clouds in the storm pics?  Will visit again.  I need to tend to dinner.  http://journals.aol.com/redonionsauce/SeeAmerica  

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those clouds look like twisters!  I would flee if I saw them!  -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

I was treated to a very pleasant surprise this week, when my pink rosebush by my garden gate suddenly erupted into color. Every shade of pink one could imagine. And with a beautiful spicy scent as well. I love your roses, i was considering planting a variety called confetti, but didn't get around to it. Oh well maybe next year. :)

Always, Carly :)

http://journals.aol.com/ondinemonet/Ellipsis

Anonymous said...

The roses are beautiful... just gorgeous... and so are the angry storm clouds!  Yes, who would think... I know what you mean when you said you never expected to be working in the 21st century.  Me either.  I was supposed to be a totally SAHM married to a preacher, a missionary, an evangelist... but no, here I am, hiding from church and married to a maintenance technician...  never thought I'd live for even one day in the state of Florida and used to think palm trees were kinda ugly until I discovered who beautiful they really are! And certainly, never thought I'd be living in FL as owner of a cleaning/maintenance business.  What can the Lord be thinking up there?  I know I can clean well... and he can fix anything... but the 1500 people who live on the site where we work probably won't remember us for more than five minutes and certainly may not appreciate our abilities... let alone care what we believe in.  I was supposed to be anyone else... and my children were going to know to tell me when they outgrow half of their clothes... and they were going to be angels and all reading before kindergarten.  The Bible... they were going to memorize most of it... what HAPPENED?!  And I was never ever going to be a stepmother... OMGosh!!!  Am I in a bad dream?
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Those storm clouds look scarey!
Thanks for the ID on my mystery bloom!