Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Dryer sheets

It's laundry day.  In a way, I like to do laundry.  Dirty clothes go in, clean clothes come out.  Bingo!  It's rewarding.  I feel like I've accomplished something when everything is neatly folded or hung and put away. 

I'm allergic to so many things, that I have to be careful what soap I use.  Powders tend to stay in the clothes no matter how much you rinse and they make me itch.  So I look to liquids.  On the surface, they seem more expensive, but since they are concentrated, we get more for a smaller portion.  I use a lot of stain removers, too.  I like the spray ones, but just recently, there's a bleach pen that I used to get a stain out and it was wonderful. 

In Mexico, we hung most of our clothes outside.  It was wonderful.  There's nothing like the scent of sun-dried sheets and pillowcases.  And the towels!  Just like old time Turkish towels . . .super absorbent and just a tiny bit scratchy.  They feel like they are doing something. Of course, the sun and wind tend to damage the clothes sooner than the dryer and some things fade quickly.  I guess the cost savings is a trade-off.  I still like hanging out the linens.

A month ago, I bought fabric softener sheets.  I really felt they were kind of stupid and unnecessary, but I thought I'd try them.  I'm hooked.  The clothes smell so good!  And they are softer.  I'm a very tactile person, so it's like heaven for me. It's kind of fun to hug nice-smelling, warm things just out of the dryer.  Now I'm wondering how many different scents there are for those sheets?  I just grabbed the ones with a name I recognized. 

I think I'm going shopping!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like clothes that smell good, try Gain Liguid...they have quite a few different scents and your clothes literally carries the scent for days, not to mention in your closet.  I think they have dryer sheets too!  LOL

Be safe, Trina
http://journals.aol.com/trinainmobile/Reflections

Anonymous said...

The smell of sun-dried sheets is one of my favorite aromas in the whole world.  Nothing compares.  I like to use a Downy ball with  liquid fabric softener I can toss in the washer at the beginning and forget about it.  They have nice fragrances, something to help wrinkling, and when I want to, I can still get that wonderful sun dried smell without the stiffness.

Anonymous said...

I can relate.  I'm allergic to certain laundry detergents,the dryer sheets,and so many other things.  I like your blog.  Check mine out if you'd like.