Saturday, September 18, 2004

GRRRRR!

I have a love-hate relationship with my computer.  I love it, it hates me.  I know its an inanimate object, but tell IT that when I am trying to install the network!  I have worked so hard.  I've done everything right . . . the computer is missing a file for installation.  OOOOOHHH!  I hate this!  I love working on the 'puter, spend an inordiante amount of time letting my fingers do the talking.  I am what most of my friends call a "computer junkie."

Here's the problem:  I got a new computer.  It's wonderful, but I need to get stuff off the old computer.  I don't know how to put the old hard drive in the new 'puter, but networking and wireless seemed the way to go to save my stuff before the old man crashes forever.  Now if I were computer savvy like my son or my friend Ed, I would have had this done hours ago.  It seemed so simple! 

Is technology really that wonderful?  Yes!!  No!! I was happy with my electric typewriter before graphics and hard drives came along.  My first computer was a 20 megabyte DOS system.  I loved it so much.  I wrote, I printed, I played games.  No internet then, but I was happy.  Then Windows, Internet, WiFi . . .I think I'm getting too old for all this stuff.  I just want to plug it in and make it go.  I do, however, love e-mail and instant messaging.  In Mexico, it was our primary form of communication.  At our last place, we didn't even have a phone.  Just a satellite.  Imagine.  Dirt roads, water from a well and 2 satellites on the roof.  I loved it.

Back to the salt mines now.  I'm going to re-install yet another time and see if I can get this thing going.  Pray for me, willya?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

::scrolling::  Did I read you correctly?  Did you really use the word "technology" and "simple" in the same entry?  I can relate to computer issues lately.  My new one's due to arrive this week.  When I can't get my files to transfer, I'll be writing you for help!  :)  Good luck!

Anonymous said...

lolol....thx for the laugh, I needed that!!!  I do know exactly how you feel.  Guess its true what they say about a "love/hate relationship"....just never thought that could be applied to computer technology...lol.  Hope you get it fixed...I'm sure you will!!

Be blessed...Trina
http://journals.aol.com/trinainmobile/Reflections

Anonymous said...

Hey girl -

LOL, I think our computers are cousins! :-) We have a love-hate relationship just like ya'lls! I totally understand the mess you see to be in with it. :-)

Well, I better start playing on mine again.  

Have a good day,
Holly

Anonymous said...

I love emailing and IMing also.  I can't imagine life without it!  Yes, in a lot of ways it is better than the telephone.  And less expensive too!
This is my first visit to your journal.  I hope you are enjoying having a journal. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the love hate relationship with computers ... I HATE having to use computers all the time, but I would be lost without them. I have a very time dealing with the fact that I would be lost with out this blasted machine!!

Kasey
http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

i also have a love hate relationship with comuters .... " CtrL ALT DELETE "  was my faveorite t-shirt in college.

Geek humor . Gotta love it :-)

~Erin