Monday, September 20, 2004

Sleeping in

For the last nearly 11 years, I have gotten up at about 4:30 in the morning every day.  Countless nights I got up several times to tend to babies.  My choice, I know.  But now I am here in the US - one kid only (and she likes to sleep in!) and I WANT TO SLEEP IN! 

Yesterday, because we help set up before church, my wonderful love song crooning hubby got me up at 7 am.  I didn't want to get up, but aquiesced because of our comittment.  Of course, I made him take me out to lunch after church.  Why should I cook when I am so tired?

I spent the whole afternoon putting together presentation stuff for our upcoming missions conference and fell into bed exhausted at nearly 11 pm.  Late for me.

So who was bringing me coffee at 6 am this morning?  Dear Lord!  I just wanted to sleep.  I pulled the covers over my head.  He turned on my computer (I swear he turned up the volume).  I put the pillow on my head.  He plopped himself down on the side of his bed and started fussing in the nightstand.  Do you know this man?  Does he live at your house too?  What is it?  He can't sleep anymore so he won't let me either?

If it wasn't for love, he'd be out on his ear. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I love to sleep in... and so wish I could get up early again... but the past few years have been stressful ones and I'm all mixxed up on that alarm thing.  Only thing my body hears now is the sound of my husband's voice.  I don't get it.  I can't hear my alarm clock unless I've had 8 hours plus of sleep.  I am so proud to meet you, a dedicated worker in God's Army.  Take care, and hope ya get to sleep in tomorrow?!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh wow can I relate to that...lol!!!!!  I wonder if our husbands are related or is it just a thing men do, but boy do we hear about it if we dare turn the tables!

Be blessed, Trina
http://journals.aol.com/trinainmobile/Reflections