Friday, March 21, 2008

The Big Move

       

To our new home!  For the time being, I am sharing a home here, but as spring and summer arrive, we are looking for a private home. I guess I don’t need to be alone for a while.

      

I have moved to the mountains above Redding, CA. Its a huge change from Ventura, to say the least. I woke up to 30 degree cold this morning. My light-weight pajamas just arent enough! I have the birds and my little doggies with me, but Rob is still in Ventura.  I miss him terribly already.  I have a TV and a warm blanket, but it’s just not the same. Last night was my first night in my own room here. Alone, boo hoo L

  That being said, it’s absolutely beautiful up here. All around there are trees and green grass beginning to sprout. A few of the trees are beginning to flower. I think I will come to love it here. I am glad I didn’t make the move while there was still snow on the ground. A few days ago, it rained and hailed. The hail was the size of a gumball. I was impressed.

Andrea had her birthday last week and I was here to share it with her. I have only missed one of her birthdays since she was born. Actually, it was a birthday week. Heather’s father had his birthday on the 9th, my granddaughter turned 23 on the 10th and Andrea turned 14 on the 11th. Time surely flies! I remember when Ashley was born, very premature. The told us if she lived, it would be months before we could take her home and then she could be blind and experience mental and physical delays. Hah! When I first saw Andrea, she was 7 ½ months old and weighed just 4.4 lbs. The doctor said she would probably die that night and I was crazy to want to care for her. Hah! Only the Lord knows these things and He had other ideas for these beautiful girls.

I will have my own DSL in the next week or so. It depends on when the phone company can schedule it. I just can’t wait. Im very impatient. I miss using the internet. I’ve only been without for a day and already I am champing at the bit to get it going again, LOL. It won’t be the same as my broadband hook-up, but I will be on and that’s what matters.

Thats it for me today. I miss you all terribly. May the Lord bless and keep you all,

            

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's quite a move! I wasn't aware you were moving. I'm so glad you like it up there and when Rob gets there it will be better.
It looks like beautiful country up there. Stay warm!
Hugs..Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

I`m so pleased that your new home is in a beautiful area Pennie, I hope you are soon settled in.  Happy Easter. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Honey, have a great Easter weekend.  We are supposed to get 5 inches tonight and tomorrow morning I just read, LOL.  Ugh.  I was going to go to a wild animal show and now I am not. :(  Anyway, glad you got to your new home!  Have a great Easter weekend!  Love you,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I've had broadband, and I don't find DSL to be noticeably slower than broadband.

Anonymous said...

I ride the bus to work everyday with someone who just moved from Redding, Ca. a few months ago.  That's quite a change for you but from the pictures I've seen the scenery is gorgeous.  He said it gets  hot in the summer but a dry heat.  He said there isn't much snow during the winter but it does get cold at nights.   I'm in Pa. like Krissy so 3-6 in of snow is coming tonight.  Hope you have a blessed Easter and aren't too lonely and keep warm.  Hugs n love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Godo to hear things are going well on the homefront, Penny.
Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Hoping you and Rob can be together again soon!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are moved and hope Rob can join you soon. From the pictures it looks like a beautiful place.
Blessings,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))I am glad things are working out and the house looks ver nice. hope Rob will come down soon.

Anonymous said...

Redding is a great place to live!! we were considering it one time but some things didn't work out (job wise)

Happy belated birthday to Andrea!

I'm sure you will grow to love the area soon :)

Happy Easter!

betty

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move!!!  What a change in weather... but I understand it is very nice up there!!

Take Care,
Joann

Anonymous said...

Stay Warm - The mountains can always be a surprise.  I used to live in San Francisco and can remember driving to Tahoe for skiing, and playing tennis the next day back by the bay :o)
http://journals.aol.com/buckoclown/Bucko

Anonymous said...

I live in Lake Elsinore and we have had great weather! The nights are still a little chilly but nothing to bad. I do hope that you get back on line soon!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com.kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

What a cute house!  The area looks real nice too!  I'm glad you like the new area.  I hope you had a wonderful Easter Penny, and that you were all togetehr for it.  God Bless and look forward to seeing you more~  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that the littlest baby turned out fine. Chip was a good daddy and made sure that he was fed first.
I hate moving. I like going to a new place but the actual mopve...