Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just Stuff and New Specs

These are my new glasses and my new look.  I've worn round glasses for years.  Probably since I was a teen.  In my 20's, I wore them because I idolized Janis Joplin . . . and because some said I looked very much like her.  I just never changed.

                     Do you think 59 is too old to change?  I hope not.  I'm liking the new glasses and my weight loss.

Today the weather here in sunny SoCal was quite warm.  It was a nice change from the chill we'd had the past few days.  You kind of have to understand California natives ~ especially those of us from the south.  To us, as the temperature starts to drop below 60, we start complaining.  When the temps drop into the 30's, we not only complain, but double up on blankets and clothing.   Here's the deal:  We will be moving up north sometime soon.  Up there, they have snow!  You know . . . that white stuff that covers the ground and keeps pets and people inside by the fire.  It's going to be a total shock for my body.  I'm not sure how long it will take me to adjust to the change.  Also, I understand that in the summer there, the temps are extremely high - like over 110 sometimes.  Oh!  Mercy me.

I really miss writing here in my journal.  It's always been so important to me.  The last few months, so much has been happening here that I find it hard to get things done.  My time on the 'puter is seriously limited.  The most serious issue in our lives is coming down to the wire . . . so though we won't have the same kind of "normal" as we did before, we will settle into the new normal.  Whew!

I appreciate the prayers you have been saying for us.  Keep it up.  It may be slow but your prayers are definitely working.  I pray for you guys all the time.  Both in our early prayers and throughout the day as your names pop into my head.  You all mean so much to me.  If you have a request, just e-mail me and I will start praying right away.

May the Lord richly bless each and every one of you,

                      

                                    Thank you Donna!

 

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny, you look beautiful in your glasses and your long hair and new look.  You go, girl!  I am praying for you, just remember to take things one day at a time.  Loving you,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

Your new look is great!  I sure do miss you, and can't help wondering what's going on in your life.  Where to the north are you moving?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Anonymous said...

Penny, I like the eyeware!  I wish I had thought of those when I was buying my traditional frames! You look very nice.  I don't know what is going on in your life but what I do know is that God will be with you thru it all.  May God bless and keep your family!  

Anonymous said...

I like your new look!! you are a beautiful woman!!

I know what you speak of, being Californian most of my life, but living in 2 places with snow (Santa Fe/Montana). We are a funny bunch, aren't we? But 60 does feel "cold" at times.

I never got warm from October through June when we lived in Montana. The only time I was ever comfortable was at night under 5 blankets or when I took a hot shower. But Montana was the best 8 years I had and the ones that I grew in the Lord admidst some of the most difficult challenges of our lives.

Snow is fun; at least for a season.

betty

Anonymous said...

I like your new glasses, they look good.
I miss your entries, but understand sometime things change. I will keep you in my prayers.
Hugs,
      Barbara

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new look, Penny!!  You are never too old for a change!!  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

I love your hair long--you look younger and very pretty!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

You really look great, it`s amazing how new glasses can make such a difference. I`ve just bought squarer ones myself and I much prefer them.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

you look great:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))I love the new you,and I like your glasses.That will be a new change for you moving were it snows.Let me tell you,today,here,it was cold,walked out with just a sweat shirt,should had my heavy coat on.Have a good night.

Anonymous said...

Penny -- you look wonderful!  Prayers for you and Rob and your new 'normal'.  
Janis Joplin?  Oh, she was my heroine!  LOL ... I an still hear her singing ... 'hold on, hold on ...'

Anonymous said...

Absolutely "fitting" pair of specs!  Keep focused on what's important, Penny, I know how easy it gets to fret about details.  Stay well - xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/    

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  You look so sweet and happy!  I like your glasses.  I have some like that, and you have the same hair I do!  Only  mine has more gray in it ;-0  I am so glad you wrote and put up pictures- I have missed you so much!  God Bless you and I willkeep you in my prayers~ Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Penny, I just absolutely love your glasses.  They are so stylish!  And you are 59...good grief, you look at least 10 years younger than that.  I hope and pray that you get things settled in your life.  Enjoy that s. Ca. weather and think of me.  Hugs n Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
Hi! You look adorable! I am missing reading your blog very much too! Are you moving to John's neck of the woods? I hope so!
good luck with adapting to all of that cold!
love,natalie