Saturday, February 9, 2008

J-LAND Photo Shoot #128 ~ My Pet

I'm so glad to be participating in Krissy's shoot again.  I have been having camera dilemmas.  Praise God it's fixed now.  Taking and sharing pictures is great fun for me.

This week's challenge is "My Pet"   . . . right down my alley, LOL.

We have just birds and dogs here right now.  Our cat went to live with Andrea and her sister north of here in the mountains.  Also, all of our fancy birds have gone, but we are raising cockatiels.  Currently we have two babies.  The parents, Summer and Skipper have been a pair for over 9 years now.  They seem to be slowing down a little - last clutch was just one chick - Atticus.  This clutch was 3, but one of the smaller chicks died.  That's when I removed the other tiny chick so she would not suffer the same fate.  Below is a picture of both together . . .

  As you can see, there is a great disparity in sizes.  We haven't named the big one yet (have any ideas?) but the little one I call Tumble.  When she eats, she stretches way up and sometimes tumbles over ~ she's very funny.

  This time last year, we added a couple of Pomeranian pups;  Coco and Precious.  Most of you have seen Sammy, our Greyhound and Kessa, our death row doggie.  Below is a pic of our Pommies:

 That's Sammy's tail dividing them.  Precious (black) is "my" dog.  I love her and spoil her like crazy.  Coco is Andrea's dog.  He will probably live with her very soon. 

Blessings and love to you all,

           

 

 

 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

those baby birds were so cute!! loved the pictures of all your pets!

hope you are doing as well as you can Penny; take care of yourself

betty

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics of your babies. It's good to hear from you.
Have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I LOVE POMMIES!!!  They are so cute!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

They're all so cute!
Lori

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))They are all just to cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the baby birds are just so cute.  Pommies too.  They have such expectant faces.  Glad the camera is fixed and you'll be able to place pictures!

Anonymous said...

Awwww the baby birds are adorable!!! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

Oh, look at those birds!  They are beautiful!... awww, love your pets, Penny!  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

wonderful pets.  my cockatiel from years past was little john...i still like that.  :)
gina

Anonymous said...

Question. I may have to start handfeeding one of my babies.First how much?(i have the food but lost the instructions) Next how often.(Born 1/30) One more thing. Can I place the baby back in with the other 2 and the parents in the nest after feeding it or must I keep it separate? The newest one has red eyes.

Anonymous said...

How about "Trible and Tumble"?  Or "Tuffy" for the big one.  Or something that goes easily with "tumble" it sounds so sweet (tweet!)  Good work, you're such a tender, caring mom!  Great pix.  xoxo   CATHY

Anonymous said...

great picts! I love your pets they are so cute, isn't it wonderful to have animals around.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Your pets are adorable Penny- I love the babies!  How about namein him Jem or scout?  I don't know since you have Atticus- seems like it' would fot.  Sorry- I'm a "to Kill a Mockingbird" nut!  Hope you're all doing well Penny!  God Bless y'all~  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

These are the cutest pets I have ever seen in my life.  And funny too.  I think you should name the big birdie Turkey, LOL.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I think sunny would be a good name, with that sunny yellow on its face

Anonymous said...

What great photos, so interesting too!
Martha ~

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss our cockatiel who died of old age.  We've been wanting to get another but, at the same time we want to make sure someone is home to be with them as they truly are social birds.  Tumble sounds adorable!

Monica

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted birds.  Love your pics.
~D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/my-photo-lounge/entries/2008/02/09/j-land-photo-shoot-128-with-krissy/1825

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
your birds look fascinating that young! wowee!
And I love your dogs!
hugs,natalie