Monday, February 5, 2007

Monday, Monday

              

Yesterday afternoon, a very nice lady arrived in Ventura to bring me my cuddle dog Kessa.  She came from 3 hours north of us on her way to Los Angeles.  Instead of having her go out of her way to get to our house, I chose an off-ramp of the 101 Freeway that was easy-off and easy back on.  I jumped on the freeway as soon as she called and hurried to get there.  Funny thing as I pulled off the freeway . . . there she was, right behind me!  I was so excited.

I took Kessa out of the little carrier - she was so sweet, but dirty.  I let Andrea be her dog carrier.  We sped to Petco to have her washed while we got a bed, some little bowls and some senior food for her.  We drove home . . . and guess what happened . . . . Kessa chose her person . . . .

    Go on you know you want to know who she chose . . .

                                   

 

and Tigger says (jumping high in the air) . . . .

                      

 . . . . and I thought I was going to have a little doggy to cuddle with me . . . and whose bed is she on?   Duh . . . not mine  This may well be just what Andrea needs right now.  That little dog can't see too well, can't hear too well, has hair missing on her back (thinning hair, anyone?), but her nose works!  She knows where the food and water are.  She also know where Miss Andrea is.  They are in love. 

In just a few days Andrea and I are going to fly to Las Vegas to visit with my sis and watch my daughter Heather get married. I love weddings!  I should I guess, having had 5 of my own.  That's another story.  My sis will be having her birthday the day after we arrive.  It will be nice to stay with my sis and get caught up on our lives.   

 I am feeling at peace today.  We shared the Super Bowl yesterday by eating ribs, beans and spicy guacamole (not me!).  Andrea and I went on the Internet and ordered her new bedding.  Cool beans, huh?  I am tired and in pain, but I see a pinhole of light at the end of the tunnel.  God is holding this little family in the hollow of his hand.

I pray you all sleep well and have a bright and lovely day tomorrow.  Be blessed

              





16 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good week:) cute doggie and young lady

Deb

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit and new dog :).
Betty

Anonymous said...

Very nice photo...have a great visit...enjoy your week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Praying a beautiful day for you Penny!!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))That is a pretty pic,She looks so happy holding your new dog.Shes a pretty dog to.Have fun visiting with your Sis and family and playing the new Dog.Weddings are fun.I been in sevral of them.Have a nice day.



http://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/Mandy

Anonymous said...

Such a cute pic of Andrea and her new doggie.  Ok Ok...YOUR new doggie.  LOL!
Have fun at the wedding. I always love weddings.  They give me a sense of hope.  Plus, it's a good excuse to party!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a reat trip to your sis's and the wedding also! Take care now,
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

lovely picture of Andrea and Kessa.
I hope you have a wonderful trip and a great visit with family. Weddings are special.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little dog! Like Benji :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

(Hugs) I have tears in my eyes now.........I love animals and I'm a huge animal activist. So when I see an older dog go to a loving home. I cry like a baby. If I know Kesso, Andrea is it for right now, but I highly doubt she will be happy unless she gets all the loving she can get from everyone. I loved the pic of Kesso and Andrea just what memories are made of .  Stay safe and loved!! Indigo

Anonymous said...

Oh what a joy to have a family pet!!  Nice stopping by to see how you are doing Penny!!  We have recently moved to KY and are enjoying the snow and cold weather and being near my sister's family!! Always a pleasure to stop in and visit you!  God Bless,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

what a cute little doggie!!!!!!!!  it is amazing how animals "pick" their people.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that Kessa is Andrea's dog, LOL.  Sorry, Penny.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Ah your new dog is lovely.  We took in a little yorkie years ago, when he was about 10 and in bad condition.  I had him another 6 years and we really shared the love! RIP Benji.  I have my yorkie, Billy, who is almost 10 now and who has not always been in the best of health but I have sooooo enjoyed the love with him too!  Yorkies do tend to pick a person out, luckily I have always been the one. Enjoy your new pet.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny- what a sweet little dog!!!  I hope Andrea is good for Kessa and Kessa good for her.  Too bad, looks like youll have to get another puppy to cuddle!  Anyways- Congratulations on Heather getting married!   Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.  God Bless!!  Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,hugs!
What a cool dog! I'm glad that Andrea has anew friend! Hopefully the puppy will be yours too!
love,nat