Thursday, February 8, 2007

HUMBLED

http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/snd/emo/fs/helloweird.mp3http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/snd/emo/fs/helloweird.mp3Thank you so much for the letter that you gave me & the pictureBye Mom and I hope you write me back mom.
Click to play sound: Hello Mom I know you will love this so much because you love me so much that you wouldn't let me die. I love My mom so much.

I know that she will probably hate me for posting this. I just put her on the other computer yesterday and am teaching her how to get homework help, write e-mail and make her first journal. She found the games right away and wants to play Pogo. I'm a little afraid of that - I may let her play poppit or something while I look on. Oh, I don't know. I have to think about it more. She will be 13 next month, but she's such a novice at life. She can't spell or read much and reacts to some things more like a 6 year-old than her real age.

To get a letter like this from my little girl is humbling at the least. I did take her into my home when there was "no hope" but she has given me more joy in 12 short years than I could ever have imagined. I am truly a blessed woman. I have four childrenand they have all brought me joy (yes, a little grief at times). Just read that precious letter one more time.

I have nothing to complain about today. I may change my mind later or tomorrow, but right now I am happy, humbled and at peace with my world.

Love and prayers to all of you,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one very special letter to be kept - if not printed and framed :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

All we need is to feel true gratitude for what we already have, and we'll see nothing more is needed.  When I read your daughter's words, several times, that's what I felt.  How grateful I'd be to get such words!  This was exceedingly sweet and yes, humbling.  xoxo CATHY

Anonymous said...

Knowing how difficult it is for kids to write what they are thinking and feeling, I can appreciate this. So, it sounds like she is going to follow in your footsteps!

bea

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely a precious gift!  What a blessing for you!  Have a great day Penny, and enjoy the love of your kids!!  Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great letter. One to remember and treasure. You've been a great Mom so you deserve this letter. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))Beatufl entry,have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful child!

About Pogo... Just go in and turn off the chat window.. Then she can play and you don't have to worry about anyone 'bothering' her!!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind/
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sweet letter..  You need to keep this and put it somewhere so you can read it later--over and over again..  When kids get older, they sometimes forget how to write from the heart.   You ARE very blessed--and your kids are equally blessed as well to have you to call MOM.  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

This was so very lovely Penny.  Thanks for sharing.  Kids are just wonderful gifts from God!!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That would make my heart melt.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet!!! She and you are both lucky to have each other.
Betty

Anonymous said...

very sweet. Kids they can drive you crazy but you gotta love em.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet letter.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

That was adorable...have a great weekend...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
what a beautiful and inspiring letter! thank you so much for sharing!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouth of babes you should treasure this

take care

Yasmin