Sunday, December 24, 2006

                          

It's almost here!!!  Christmas carols abound throughout our home.  I'm singing along with my whole heart.  What a beautiful day this has been. 

Kayla and Lupe spent last night with their uncle, so it was just Rob, Andrea and me as the day started off.  I got dressed in a garnet-red outfit, skirt to the floor, garnets in my ears and at my neck and black open-toed shoes.  Peeking out from the shoes were toes painted to match with a silver snowflake on each big toe.  I felt beautiful.  Andrea was wearing a deep red satin skirt, red top to match and black open-toed shoes.  She looked just awesome!

We went on to church where we sang carols one after the other as if we could fill the world with Christmas melody.  As I was singing, somebody tapped me softly.  Lupe stood grinning up to me . . .her red blouse, black skirt and brand-new pink tennis shoes!  She couldn't have been more proud.  She went from person to person giving great hugs, showing off her new shoes.

Kayla was in back with her friends trying to hide her blue satin skirt and white top.  I knew the black open-toed shoes graced her feet because she wanted to look grown-up and dressed down.

The pastor gave the word - ahh - it was like a breath of fresh air!  Not a once-a-year, tried and true Luke preaching for him.  No . . . he taught from scripture about who this Jesus is - the one we celebrate today and tomorrow.  Nothing new, really but new in its presentation. 

                                

After church I was told not to leave right away . . . there were a a couple of things for the girls.  I was surprised to see a smoked turkey, a full turkey dinner and two presents each girl being placed in my car.  I told the gal that placed them all in the back . . . "please tell whoever it was 'Thank-you' " .  She leaned to me and said . . . "it was the local police department."   

                     

Placed under our tree and in stockings this year are gifts from what seems everywhere.  Small things from us, small things from others . . . big things from others.  What joy I have to know that Rob, myself and the girls are so loved that others thought to share with us.  As long as I live I will never forget.

            

In a few hours, we will all awaken to Christmas Day.  WE know what we celebrate, who and why.  Tomorrow however, we will all just be kids for a whole day.  The Lord will see us and know that we know and He will be glad.

               

FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS   -   MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

                Rob, Penny, Andrea, Kayla and Lupe

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas :) i love this entry:) hope you all have a great day:) Happy Birthday Jesus:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

i hope that you and yours have a blessed and joyful Christmas together.
LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hope you and your family are having a very Merry Christmas.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOUALL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))I bet you all looked so beatiful in your outfits.And what a nice susprise from the police dapartment.i know the reason who and why we celabreat today.Happy Birthday Jesus and I wish you and your famil a very Merry Christmas and a HAppy New Year.

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

So very glad to know you and yours are having a wonderful Christmas!!!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

A beautiful entry! Merry Christmas all. love, bea

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas!!  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your joy shows, Penny =)!  What a happy entry!  Happy Jesus' Birthday to you a day late... May God bless you in the new coming year, my dear!  Love you!!! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family Penny!  I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas Eve- many more Blessings for the rest of the season and the New Year!  Love Carolyn