Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year . . . again

                       

I know I should put my siggy tag at the end of my entry, but I like this one so much and appreciate so much the giver that I want it here, right on top.

We have under 6 hours to midnight here on the west coast.  I am sure that I won't make it to midnight.  My eyes are already drooping.  The girls have asked to stay up.  We said yes.  We said go outside and bang on pots & pans, ask Hank for his foghorn, enjoy ringing in 2007.  Last time I stayed up till midnight was to bring in the new century.  We banged on pots and pans, let the kids do it too.  All 18 of them.  Mexico was very noisy then.  Lots of guns in town.  We lived on the beach then. 

It's been a stressful day for me.  I had a couple of conversations I was concerned about having.  I can't talk about it just yet, but will when the time is right.  I feel good about it now that it's done. 

Rob is sick.  I think he's got the flu.  He didn't get the shot.  I am truly grateful that I did.  I can tend to him without worrying about getting as sick as he has.  I feel bad for him . . . he's freezing . . . he's roasting.  It was a beautiful sunny day here, yet he froze most of the day.  Best I can do is hang in there with him until its over.

I've thought about so many of you today as I visited your journals, prayed for you while stopping there.  I am sorry for not commenting today or for some time.  I try, resolve not to lurk but that's just what I do.  I'm here, guys.  Really I am.  I love you all so much.  You have been a rock for me over this past year.  It's been a tough one, though filled with much love and joy as well.  I won't resolve to do better.  I'll make it a goal.  If I fail then I will start over until I succeed.

As always, you are in my prayers and thoughts and may you: 

 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family recieve many blessings in the coming year. (I think i am getting a cold too and I did get the flu shot! lol)
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great New Year and that 2007 will a great year for you.

Phil

Anonymous said...

May God heap His bountiful blessings upon you and your family in 2007, dear Penny!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

it made me happy to see a comment from you! Rick refuses to get a flu shot..he swears they make him sick. I hope Rob feels better. I hope 2007 is your happiest year ever.
LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Love.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year friend! Tammy

Anonymous said...

happy new year.
feel free to lurk at my place all you want.
i love comments, but i hate that people feel they have to leave them, that is why at my newest journal Forward Forever I have the comments turned off.

You and your family are in my prayers.  Tell the hubby that next year he will be getting the flu shot!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I think I may have heard you praying over at my place! So glad you have been able to get around even if not to leave a comment. I hope Rob gets better. I know how he felt, being cold... I was going through that myself last week. But I'm over it and I'm ready to get into my classroom with the full force of a revived teacher! Happy New Year, Penny, and all the girls, and Rob. Everyone get better. Love, Bea
http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/entries/2007/01/01/there-is-joy/1536

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
Happy NewYear! Iam so sorry that Rob is ill. Please take good care of him!If you notice that it is heading for his lungs please go to see a doctor! Pneumonia is going around too!
God Bless You guys! sounds liek your celebration was lovely!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

HAppy New Year Penny!  I didn't stay up this time (first time I can remember!)  but we were needing to get up early to go fishing.  Had a great day, but didn't catch anything big enough for dinner.  I sure hope Rob is feeling better now, and that every one of you will be healthy and happy all this new year!  God Bless you much!  love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

You can't have "quiet" for Feeling/Mood and "football" for "listening to" in the same sentence. It's like having "taking peyote" and "sober" in the same sentence.

Twist that into something that fits Journals, and you'll have an actual funny joke working there.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Penny.  I hope Rob feels much better soon.

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
hugs!
Say is Rob getting any better?
I hope you and the girls are okay...
Those flu bugs are dangerous but mostly gross!
I hope things are going better
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice New Year.  I'm playing catch up here. Been so behind in everyone's life.  I hope that by now Rob is much better.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
Youare such a vibrant warm force here; encouraging us all and giving us hope and love! I hope you find much happiness in teh New Year!
love,natalie