Saturday, August 19, 2006

Anniversary Time

                            

It's almost here!  AOL Journals is having a birthday. 3 years and going strong.

                  

I can't wait to get a piece of this cake.  It looks totally scrumptious, don't you think?

This is my 2nd J-Land anniversary.  It's been a wonderful 2 years for me.  I hope to stick around for many more years.

Around home, things are changing a lot.  We no longer have 14 birds, we have 16!  We rescued two more cockatiels - as yet unnamed.  Pictures later.

Andrea and Kayla just now returned from Camp Niko - a YWAM sponsored Christian "boot camp"  They are exhausted and need showers.  They didn't bathe for 5 days .. . eeewww!  Surprisingly, they want to return next year.

I am slowly coming out of my blue funk. I'm reading your journals,but still haven't made too many comments.  Please have patience with me.

Please keep John and Krissy in your prayers.  John is in the hospital again and has been struggling.  For updates, please go to Sometimes I Think.

Be blessed my friends.

             

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
hugs! I'll go visit! Im glad that the kids had agood time I think and got home safely adn that youa re feeling better! cheers!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

You are always in my thoughts..glad to know you are feeling better.
XO lisa

Anonymous said...

I'd have the blues too, if I had that many birds in my house!  Just kidding, sorta (although I don't care for birds as pets).  I have missed your entries.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your two years, I shall be putting the cake on tomorrow.  How on earth do you cope with all those birds?
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I've missed your uplifting notes of daily life in Sunny Cal!  But I'm glad you were here today to say hello.  Two more birds!?  Well, darn, if I didn't have cats ...

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again, Penny... hang in there! When I first started journaling a year ago, yours was one of the first I frequented. I remember reading about your missionary experiences, and the children, and the birds... I was so impressed with your life, and still am. Have a grand week! Bea

Anonymous said...

Boot camp?  Was it for fun or punishment?  LOL!   Glad to see an entry from you, been missing you and the bird stories!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, John and Krissy need all our prayers. See you at the party! Tammy

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is well.......so good to hear from you!  Are those 16 birds all indoors?  Are you going to become an official sanqtuary?  Can I spell?  Apparently not.  LOL  -  Barbara