Thursday, May 4, 2006

Sunshine!

                    

Indeed it is a good morning.  For the first time in days, the sun is shining.  I bought new sunglasses and haven't had a chance to use them yet.  So much for "sunny" Southern California. 

Yesterday I pampered myself.  I went to the nail salon and had a spa pedicure and had my toenails painted bright red.  The other girl in the shop did my manicure.  She loved my nails.  Just in the last few months, my nails have grown tremendously.  I had a French manicure with pink underneath.  They look so cool.  The massage chair was just what I needed.  I felt like a new woman.

It's been a very stressful week so far.  There was a problem at school that we had to address and another family member is having a very rough time right now.  I ended up working for a few hours on Monday because of computer problems and am looking forward to having to work on that computer again today.

Our praise and prayer this morning were good.  We sang a song I wrote and had sweet fellowship with our Lord.  Kayla cried during prayer.  It's getting close to Mother's Day and she's thinking about her mom.  She's not alone. This is the time of year I miss my mom the most, too.  Fortunately, time has allowed me more peace and I am not a little girl. 

It's a good time to look into the blessings in our lives.  Stressful times often have the ability to make us look at the down side of life.  We have so much to be grateful for.  Unlike many in this area, we have a home to live in, plenty of food and beds to sleep in.  We have love and laughter here.  And all of this supplied by our wonderful Creator.  He never promised we would be without strife, in fact the Bible tells us to welcome it.  I wish I could follow that, but at least I have enough experience to know that the rough times always pass. 

In the caras I drive, I listen to praise songs and pray my personal prayers.  I also intercede for my friends.  It's a very peaceful time for me.  I take the prayer list from Sisters in Christ and those who have mentioned a need and pray.  It feels so good.  I know that there are others interceding for us as well.  Prayer gives me freedom from my burdens, especially the burden of my own thoughts. 

I pray that you will have a wonderful day today. 

         

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a wonderful soul, hun....God bless you! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/TheStrawberryPatch

Anonymous said...

Aren't "Beauty Days" just wonderful?  I hope you enjoyed yours half as much as I do mine - they are like my therapy, lol.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

A spa pedicure is good medicine for the 'girl in you'!  Thanks for you uplifting post.  It is a glorious day here with sundhine, blue skies and nice, white, fluffy looking clouds.  The birds are singing and the gardens are lush green with new buds forming.  All that rain -- was worth it!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing quite like a day at the nail parlor!  I feel so pampered!  Glad you were able to do that for yourself.
Lovely entry! Come visit me sometime!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you took time to pamper yourself! You are so beautiful, loving and caring and i am glad to have met you. I hate holidays usually, they just make you feel sad.
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that some of us guys like to be pampered, too ;)

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
Ah! what a beautiful and serene portrait of a lovely life; despite the fact that we miss our mothers! (Penny I love mine too even though she is gone. please leave some memories of yuor mom on my mom entry if you choose).
Gosh, your French manicure sounds sooo lovely!:):)
and the massage! wooo weeee! ::) I know you look lovely! Im so sorry about Kayla Sweetie! :(
May she be comforted by your neverending love and the love of the Lord.
hugs, natalie