Sunday, April 9, 2006

Do Not Disturb

                 

It's lovely here today.  The sun is shining, the air is crisp and we are getting ready to fellowship with our church family.  I really look forward to going every week.  We have really bonded with this church family since we started attending about a year ago after church-hopping for a few weeks.

Yesterday, 3 young people from the church came over to do some yard work for us.  They have been working odd jobs to pay for a leadership camp they will be attending this week.  Not only did they do a great job, they were a good example for our two girls.  They lovingly and gently corrected them when they began to discuss the "popular" stuff they were learning at school.  It was much better than we could have done (we have tried!).  I thank the Lord for them.

I was playing a little Pogo this morning, watching the conversations over in the chat box.  I rarely join in on that.  I've been pretty quiet this morning.  Reflective I guess, and not had much to say to anyone.  Coffee didn't perk me up.  I just buried myself in the game and read along.  One comment stuck.  "I'm in on of my 'do not disturb' moods this morning"  That's me today! I'm not angry or frustrated, just pensive and want to be left alone to my thoughts.  You can guess that I'll steal that expression and use it from time to time.  My long-ago friend Harvey says that if you use an expression 3 times, its yours.  I'm claiming it.

I do have some cool news to report:  we are leaving tomorrow morning for our trip to San Diego and Sea World.  Also on Tuesday I will celebrate 30 years of sobriety.  It should be a great week for us all.  Please pray for traveling mercies for us and for an upcoming challenge that my Rob has in his life. 

One more thing.  I have been drinking twice-daily "cocktails" of Ageless Xtra and am feeling sooo good most of the time.  It's put a little spring in my step.  Along with the loss of 25 unwanted pounds, I am truly making progress in my challenge to be present as much as possible for the girls as they grow up.  You can go visit Darlene and she will tell you all about the Ageless Xtra. (by the way, it's not a weight loss drink!  Rob and I are dieting together!) Rob is also drinking it.  WooHoo!

I am off to church now with Rob and Lupe.  She looks like a little doll this morning.  Be blessed this day,

             

                                                    

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope you will have a wonderful trip and offer my prayers for safe travel and good health while you are away!

God Bless!  Congrats on your anniversary too.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time Penny!  And big congratulations on 30 years of sobriety!  Each year just gets better and better, doesn't it?  I am into my 7th year and was just telling my husband how 10 years ago I couldn't imagine that I would ever be in the place I am right now.  God is so good!  :)
Blessings,
Gwynn

Anonymous said...

Penny, i am SO proud of your 30 yrs of sobriety. What a GIFT to give yourself, your kids and hubby. If only my parents had done the same. :((
Enjoy your time away...be safe and know how loved you are. I love you, for sure.
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I love that saying.  Might have to say it three times myself. ;)  I hope you really enjoy your trip.  Be safe.  Precious graphic, BTW. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Will be thinking about you... I LOVE San Diego!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

Congratulations on your 30 years sobriety!!! So proud of you!  Enjoy your well deserved trip! Be sure and tell us all about it when you get back!  

Do Not Disturb days. I have what I call my "Quiet Time days".  I get that way sometimes too, I just want quiet thougtfull days, no TV, no phone just total quiet and my own thoughts.  My Mom told me if I ever got too sick that I would just crawl in a corner and die! Because I don't call everybody and tell them I feel bad....I just get quiet!  Works for me!!  :)

Oh! And thank you so much for the plug for our wonderful AgelessXtra!  I've already had a visit on it!  And it's GREAT that Rob has joined you in taking it!  Now you'll BOTH feel better at any age!  :) Don't forget..we can change your Convenience Plan to the 4 pack at any time.  With Darrell and I both taking it we use at least that much a month.  Better go answer Gwynn.  Thank You! Thank You!

Enjoy!  Big Hugs!
Darlene
http://journals.aol.com/djohn52/AgeingGracefullyWithAllTheHelpIC/

Anonymous said...

OH! I forgot! It has to do with drinking. And I CAN'T MAKE ANY CLAIMS, but......we have a friend that was having a drinking problem and his wife got him started on AgelessXtra back in Nov or Dec. He is still drinking his AgelessXtra and has quit drinking alcohol!!!  I think it just makes your body healthy and you don't want the stuff that's bad for you!!

Take care and God Bless!

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
Many Congratulations on your thirty years of sobriety! That is so awesome!
Thanks fora great eetry and Im glad that Rob adn the kdis are well. I will pray that your travels go well and that Rob's challenge goes well.
Have a Blessed Easter week wiht yuor family!
love and hugs, natalie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your sobriety!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you on 30 years!  You made the right choice!!!!

BTW, I'm a Pogo lovin person, too.  :)

Anonymous said...

    Hey there, Penny.  Many times, when I find myself in that " not upset, just quiet and reflective" mood, I discover answers to things that have been on my mind, or notice things that I wouldn't have, had I been busy interacting.  Maybe it's God's way of giving us a ' time out.'    
     You have the best time in San Diego !  It looks like you are going to have good weather.  I'm glad you have this chance to get away and enjoy yourselves.  Don't forget to take pictures, and share them with us when you get home.  Tina

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 30 years hun, that's outstanding! Have fun on your trip, hun. Be safe! :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/TheStrawberryPatch

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,
That is awesome! What a milestone for you!  Hope you have a wonderful celebration trip and I'd love to have that angelsextra.  WooHoo!! 25 lbs!!  Way to go on both counts.  
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip! San Diego is such a pretty city! :)
It was lovely here in Ohio today as well.
Hugs,
penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace