Friday, February 24, 2006

Triple Princesses

I've been trying for 3 days to post this.  Everytime I get started, I get interrupted.  I was going to load the pictures through photobucket, but couldn't get them resized properly. 

We are slowly but surely getting the girls' room spruced up.  We painted the walls a very pale pink and will trim in a sky blue.  The combination sounds odd, but Kayla and Andrea each wanted their own color.  To tie the two colors together, I found really precious multi-colored striped shades that tie up from the bottom.  I'm going to order them next week.

Rob bought a power roller when we got the paint.  It took him a little while to get used to it, but now he is ready to finish painting the rest of the house.  YAY!  I can hardly wait to get "rolling" on it. 

It looks like we will be taking legal custody of the girls for at least 3 years.  The rest of the family is unprepared for the responsibility.  If we survive the adjustment period, it will be great.  Both Kayla and Andrea are testing us to see how far they can get.  Kayla has been the controller in her home for so long, its hard for her to give that up to us.  Though Andrea loves the companionship, she hates having to share us with Kayla and Lupe.  It's sort of a tug-of-war.  God must be giving me an extra dose of patience, because I don't know where its coming from.

Today Lupe had her first spelling test at school - 4 words.  The kids who got 100% were able to call home to share the good news.  I was so tickled to get that call!  The teacher dialed the number and put Lupe on the phone.  I guess she forgot why she was calling . . .I had to prompt her by asking if she got 100%.  She said "Yeah!!!"  She was really excited and told me she loved me before she hung up. 

I am happy to have these girls in our lives.  It's certainly a challenge, but it feels so right.  I'm going to cut back my hours at work so I can give Rob a little relief.  He's trying to handle it all while I work and it can be very frustrating to have 3 girls working on him.  The heat's on for him.  He's my best friend and I want to bethere for him.

More pictures tomorrow, I hope.  We celebrated Rob's birthday yesterday by taking him to Sizzler and eating great food and a cake we brought in ourselves.  It was really fun.

I'm exhausted.  I'm going to bed now.  Pray that I sleep through.  I really need it.

Be blessed tonight,

         

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo! Love the pics, hon!  And the rooms look great! I can't wait to see more!  I hope you get some sleep!
Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Hope this finds you a bit rested and 'in control' LOL!  Of what?  Three teenaged girls!  The room looks great.  When Rob is all finished painting the rest of your house, send him East...

Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday to Rob!! You are my hero, Penny. I dont know how you do it!! But the Lord knows what he is doing. I know in the long run these girls will come back to you and thank you with tears in their eyes for what you and Rob have sacrificed and done for them. I hope you get some rest.
LOVE YOU,lisa

Anonymous said...

Nice bunks and the room is looking great... girls are happy. They will adjust... kids are so resilient. You sound like you've done this before, and that kind of confidence is what everyone in the home needs. What a great mom and wife you are. Happy Bday to your husband. Hope you got the rest you needed. Time to get up and start all over! SMile... This is the day that the Lord has made!  Bea

Anonymous said...

Nice pics...they all look very happy.

Anonymous said...

The room looks great!!  Wait until they add a few more of their own feminine touches here and there.  They look happy there!  Obviously very comfortable in your new home.  What a job you have to do. But, it's the most important one....being a mom.  Always remember that.  And you are handling it brilliantly!!Keep us posted.   I love your stories.  
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a restful night, you certainly deserve it!!  It must be hard for your girls to make room in their lives for Lupe and Kayla and to share their mom and dad.  They will benefit from it in the long run, and as they grow and look back they will admire you for your giving soul and compassion.  When I was little my parents took in a girl my age for a few months.  I was so excited at first.  I'm an only child, so it didn't take long for me to start pushing buttons!  You are such a blessing, a gift to these girls!  
The bedroom looks awesome!!  Michelle  

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures and I pray that this all works out well. Thank God these girls have you and Rob in their lives! :)
Love,
Penny

http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny
Happy Birthday to Rob!
Blessings are wishes for you all! :):)
You did a wonderful job wiht teh girl's room! hugggggggggggs
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

God bless you for caring for those girls..they are adorable!

~ Susan

Anonymous said...

Penny .... I am so hoping that all goes well, and that this transition goes as smoothly as possible for you.  I know that there will be many adjustments, some ups and downs ... but I know that you will handle them just fine.  Your faith is strong, and your 'new family' will thrive in the end.  God bless you all ....  Tina

Anonymous said...

The children are beautiful Penny!  Looks like you have a handful, lol!  God has a lot of special trust in you to give you such special blessings.

Krissy at Hope Lodge
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink