Wednesday, February 1, 2006

First Day of School

      First Day of "Real" School in America       

                  January 30, 2006

       

This is a picture of Andrea after her first day of classes at the middle school.  She really liked the school and the teachers.  She says the boys are just "rude".  I guess at her age, boys are like that.  In a year or two, I'm sure she will think differently and I will panic.

This is her special week.  She has become a big sister and started special education classes.  She says that Kayla is a little bossy and I had to explain to her that Kayla has been not only helping to care for Lupe but she has had to take care of her mom as well.  That kind of makes a kid bossy.  I have some pictures I took of Andrea during Christmas time here in our sunny hometown of Ventura.  I had a hard time finding them once I saved them, so here they are, a little bit late.

    This is something we can do almost all year round here.  Sometimes the beach is windy and cold, but it is just beautiful to behold. 

California is one of the most expensive places to live, but look at the smile on my little girl's face.  Could you make her move someplace else?  I am so proud of her and the empathy she has for Kayla and Lupe.  She is a wonderful young lady and my very special miracle child.

We are slowly getting adjusted to having 3 girls here now.  It doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day and Rob and I are both tired.  Saturday night, a lady from the church is taking all 3 girls so we can have a little "we" time.  There's not much of that around here lately.  I think we'll even lock Dufus in his cage! 

I thank those of you who have left such nice comments and mentioned us and Angie in your prayers.  Blessings, Penny

              

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny ,
What a great entry! thank you very much!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

It looks like Andrea is doing very well! And I think she will warm up to Kayla!
The beach looks soooo inviting!
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the photos of Andrea, she seems to be doing so well. Yes, lock Dufus up and spend some time with Rob!! You deserve all the happiness you can get. You give so much of yourself to others, time to take a little time off! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, Great photos, Andrea looks such a happy little girl, a real credit to you both. :o))

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Andrea is a beautiful young lady!  Yes! Enjoy your special time with Rob.  All the more better because it's rare!

Hugs and Blessings
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Hello, Penny .... I finally have a chance to catch up on my journal reading, and I am enjoying seeing these pics of Andrea and her new "sisters."  It sounds as though Andrea has done a wonderful job of taking them in and making them feel welcome and comfortable.  You must be so very proud of her ... what a special girl she is.  I am keeping all of you in my prayers, and special prayers for the girls' mother.  God will bless you, Penny, for all that you are doing for them.  I know you ... and I am sure you will say that YOU are the one who is lucky to have them with you, but remember that you are doing something wonderful for these young ladies, and you are to be commended for that.  Blessings on you all !  Tina