Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Photo Scavenger Hunt #7

Picture # 1 - Underneath these poor abandoned tomato plants is what used to be a small fountain and  pond.  Now the only thing lurking there is the potential for West Nile Virus.  Must get some bleach in there soon.

Picture # 2 - Our room-mate is a body and fender man and I found this old car stuck under the avocado tree.  I didn't get closer because - who knows what's creeping around in there.

Picture # 3 - Wonderful for summer sitting, the swing has become a bird-bench, a place to toss stuff we are going to "get around to" and a bed for the next door neighbor's cat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You haven't seen what is lurking behind my shed yet. Keep you eyes peeled. Will post my entry soon. lol!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have gone too close to the car either!  I had a friend tell a story about him and his friends getting in an abondanded car ... the owner came at and yelled at them to get the H - ** out.  They were like, we are just sitting in it!  When the owner got them out to safety he got some crane and started to lift the car ... and HUNDREDS of rattle snakes fell out!  

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

Good photos!  Interesting observations... Who knows what is living in that car?  I want to find out.  Graphically, the last photo is a winner due to lines formed by the slats.  I enjoyed your journal.

Anonymous said...

Great pics this week!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I really like the car!  I use to have to travel out to the eastern part of our state which is mountainous.  A boulder had bounced down and flattened a car many years ago and the car still sits there.  A landmark I looked for everytime I drove there.  Thanks for the memory and nice photos.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!  I wonder what is in that car, lol!  Good job!  Hugs, Val
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts (Kirssy & Therese's sister)