Sunday, November 28, 2004

Moving . . .

I just heard that missionary friends of ours are moving about 60 miles away from their current site.  They care for severely handicapped kids, regular handicapped kids and babies with aids.  Occasionally, they take in a normal child that is sick.  It's an awesome ministry and I take my hat off to them.

By December 15th, they expect to have 40+ kids moved.  That in itself is quite an undertaking!  I also heard they just took two baby girls found in a trash can.  That kind of makes me want to run down there and smuggle those babies home.  I've always had a soft spot for babies.  I wouldn't care if they were sick.  Just how can you toss your kid in the trash?  It's not just Mexico where that happens, it's here, too. 

I've moved with a passel of kids more than once.  It's not easy.  At least mine were not in wheelchairs and walkers.  The job will be monumental.  I cannot imagine doing it.  I assume that's why they've stayed put all these years in a place that was a bit less than what they needed.  I hear the new facility is just what the doctor ordered.  Praise God for His provision.

I guess I decided to write to ask those of you who pray to pray for those missionaries around the world who are helping out in their own special way.  Especially now that our stomachs are full of a Thanksgiving meal and all the fixings.  There's not enough money in the world to do the job and they are tireless in their devotion.  Many, many kids have opportunities never dreamed of because some of them stepped out.  My friend there is fond of telling that her life was good until God sentenced her to a children's home in Mexico. Now, she says, there are no words to express how great her life is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story is moving too. I am sure everybody out there who reads this and many more who are told about it will pray for them. I hope Christmas will be very special for those 40+ kids this year, in their new home.  

Anonymous said...

I will pray. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I will be praying.