Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stuff

             

I justify this because it's still morning here.  I have to type quickly, however.  I am still in Southern California and I couldn't be happier.  It's so lovely here.  Record setting temperatures have plagued the L.A., Midstate and Eastern counties.  Even in the more desert regions in my county.  We are 3 miles away from the ocean and it's been lovely for the most part.  Next Tuesday I head north for the last time.  Temperatures there have been over 100 degrees.  I am not ready for that.  Heat is not my friend.

Andrea and Paige are both graduating.  I am going to take tons of pictures and bore you all with them.  For now I will just share a picture of Andrea cooling off in the creek behind their house.  The water is very cold.  After all, it is the snow melt that comes through there.     

               

I have a ton of cute pictures of her, but they are best shown in a slideshow format.  This is my baby.  She is so happy living with her sister.  It's hard for me, but since I have health problems it is the very best place for her.  I miss her terribly.  

On to the next.  I have truly enjoyed the chance to be online every day.  I get to read your journals, even if I don't comment much.  Maybe I will do that more after I am back here permanently.  I also love to play Pogo a few times a day.  I may be a little obsessed right now after being offline for so long.

Yesterday, we woke up to sounds of our greyhound Sammy crying out in pain.  He was walking around in circles and would not lay down.  Greyhounds don't often sit becaus of the shape of their back legs.  I checked him over and he cried out when I touched his head and neck.  I called all over to get him into a vet, finally reaching someone who could take him right after lunch.  It turns our that his arthritis may have reached his neck or he injured it biting flies.  Also he has two absessed teeth that must come out.  The estimate for the dental surgery and a neck x-ray if that has not resolved is around $700.  I don't know how we are going to pay for it.  We'll figure it out somehow.  OUCH!!

All who know me now that I am always praying for my J-Land friends, even the ones I haven't had a chance to meet yet.  Bless all of you,

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice newsy note.  Like you, I do lots of reading but don't always comment.   It is so nice catching up with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi penny. :)

krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I am sure that the Lord will provide the money for you. Oh that mountain water looks so good. I am in southern California and it is hot here.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

This J-lander will take any prayers she can get... just because I know prayer makes a difference!

Anonymous said...

Penny, you sound happy ... except for your dog! That's a lot of money, but most vets will let you pay a little each month. We don't want our babies to suffer. The river shot looks peaceful. If a little cold. Glad your girls are graduating... such good news! Have a good week. bea

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are going through Penny; we just moved from the beach area inland and I felt this recent heat wave a lot; missing the nice ocean breezes, but it is okay

betty

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creek, looks like the perfect place to be when that heat was here.  I hope your doggie is feeling better very soon, poor baby!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Oh, your poor doggie.  I will keep him in my prayers.  What a beautiful picture of Andrea.  Wow, she is growing up so fast!  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason