Saturday, July 21, 2007

                                     

                                                        Thanks, Sugar for this lovely graphic

I have been chewed out by the best in J-Land for the lack of entries.  My life has been on overload for a few weeks.  I'm not going into all of it right now.  Suffice it to say we've been busy around here.

This will be a short entry, because although it is only 6 p.m. here, I am tired.  We did a lot of work this morning, went out in the afternoon and worked a bit more.  Busy day.  Maybe I'll join  these little guys and take a nice nap soon.                      

We took Andrea on her first trip to Disneyland in the first week of the month.  She loved it so!  She wanted to go on the roller coaster in California Adventure, but she couldn't talk me into it.  I don't deal with coasters anymore.  I actually stopped when I was 25 or 26.  Took the kids to Six Flags Magic Mountain.  A lot of walking there and very hot in the summer.  Water rides are on the top of the list.  We go on one that didn't look bad, rode around, got splashed then reached a place where the stoped the ride.  I had time enough to look down the long drop and said to myself, "I don't want to do this" and the ride operator said, "Too late now" and let us go.  I was sick to my stomach, had palpitations etc,.  So there!

VBS Camp started a couple of weeks ago and Bible camp starts next week.  Just time enough to get all the laundry done and go again.  I feel like I have been washing for years.

We are all feeling well if tired.  I've lost a little weight and that helps my pain level.  Also the Dr has modified my medications to help them work to my advantage.  Rob has lost a bunch of weight . . . I think he passed a bit on to Andrea. 

Well guys, I have yet to clean the kitchen and fold the clothes.  I don't mind if you pop over to remind me that I haven't posted.  I've missed you all.  Many blessings to those I love so well,

 

                                             

 

 

 

 

 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))I hope you get some good rest,sounds like you been so busy.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back! Been awhile! I'm with you on rollercoasters. I don't do well on them.
Hope things are going ok and that you're busy with good things.
Hugs..Pam
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Glad to hear about the weight loss and your pain level being bettter.
Blessings
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Penny, glad Andrea had fun in Disneyland!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

Good to see you. Get some rest and feel better.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are able to enjoy yourselves in amongst everything else.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I do hope that things slow down for you! When life slows down, please come by and visit.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, I'll take water rides over roller coasters anyday!  Sounds like you've been real busy, hope you are getting some rest time in too.

Anonymous said...

Penny, our summer is so busy....darn before we know it in NH the snow will be here LOL.

Betty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know you're still "kickin'".  Don't be a stranger.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness glad to hear you were out having fun, what memories you bring rushing back to this pea brain of mine, love it, I missed you, seemed I was just getting to know you and then you dissappeared, I hope things will settle down and you will be back as a regular again, to me there is nothing like a visit to an interesting journal, and yours always are. gg/Jackie from Do You Remember

Anonymous said...

Of course you are having a busy summer... You have a child who has a -thousand- things they would like to do before school starts again <LOL> Enjoy your busy summer... they aren't with us long before they are grown and on their own!

Anonymous said...

I only ever had one ride on a roller coaster and that was it, it put me off rides for life lol. i hope all is well
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Glad to see an entry from you.  I'm glad everyone is doing well.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  I've missed you too!  I'm glad that things are OK and that you're all keeping busy.  Duisney sounds like fun- we took our little guy to Disney World for his birthday last year.  I hadn't been there since - well since I was about his age!  I don't dea; well with 'costers anymore either, but they managed to get me on Thunder Mountain.  It was fun but a lot more jarring than I remember!!!  Hope you all continue getting better and healthy- and have a wonderful rest of the summer!  Love Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

I love you so much Penny! We all do!
People ought to see what a great friend you are to them and what a great mom, wife and member of our community! That and I am so glad that Andrea had adecent time in Disneyland adn that your pain level has gone down! awesome!:)
love andhugs,nat

Anonymous said...

Disneyland sounds like fun.  Hope you are doing ok, albeit busy I'm sure.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I'm late getting back here, but been busy too! We had our VBS july 15-21. It was great fun, as usual. Then a wedding took me away for two days, then a visit to see my mother was a 5 day trip. Now funerals to go to. School starts in two weeks. Love your graphic, glad you are well. bea

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to say I love you~

xoxo