Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Just Blathering

              

             

Again I have made no post this month!  I think part of it is laziness and the rest pain.  All I type has been two finger chicken plucking!  Today I have two fingers on each hand.  Praise the Lord!

Our plan today is to drop 25 bags of clothing at different charity organizations.  While we were yet in Mexico, Hank collected clothing, shoes and other items we could use.  When Jon and Arlene came to take over the ministry (you remember it was time for us to retire), Hank continued to collect items for them.  For about the last year or year and a half, the border officials have not allowed any used items to pass.  Hank had a hard time saying no to donations and we want to give them to the places that will see that there is help for our homeless.

Then I have an appointment with physical therapy.  This will be a long and busy day for me . . . and I can't help with the unloading  :(    I also am having a pretty good day.  I am up, fasting until 4:00 and am looking outside at one of the most beautiful days we've had in quite a while.  Everything is clear, the sun is bright, birds are singing and there is a very slight breeze.

                   

Had to leave before I could finish this.  Catholic Charities took all 25 bags.  We went to the store to buy "3" things . . . had to race back to put the cold and frozen stuff away.  Then we jumped on to the freeway, got off to get gas, back on the freeway to get off nearer to the physical therapy.  Rob waited in the car while the therapist tortured me (she really did!).  We went thru the carwash and came home.

Andrea came home today with her first ever year book!  Of course her school picture was in there, but she was in several of the on-campus pictures as well.  I am very happy for her to have that book of memories.

Well folks, that's my "blather" for today.  You are all in my heart and in my prayers. 

               

                       Thanks to Missie of Missie's Magical Creations for this tag

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you felt better today. So nice that you were able to give all those cloths away. Gordon is involved with a program that is getting started here called Love inc ( love in the name of Christ) They will be trying to oraganize alot of different places to help people.
I know Andrea will treasure here year book. There are so many special memories from year to year. Makayla is in 1st grade they had a year book for her school. I had never heard of them having one for such a young age. But I am glad they did.
I hope the physical torture  I mean physical therapy helps you.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I only type with two fingers! LOL are you suppose to use more then that? We just got done collecting stuff for Nikkis mission trip.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU)))))))))))))))))Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.  That is wonderful about the yearbook.  I have saved each of mine and they are fun to look at how the kids signed them many years ago.  Okay, I better go now as I'm starting to give my age away...
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day.  Andrea will treasure that book. I still have all of mine and my son got his first one this year.  
Hope you have a good evening.
Hugs..Pam xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- I'm glad you're feeling a little better, and that you went to the PT.  I know they can be torturous, but also a big help!  That's really cool that Andrea has a yearbook!  Our homeschool group made one for the kids last year so they could have the same experience as public shool kids in that regard.  Still waiting for this year's, but I know I'll treasure it too!  Have a wonderful rest of the week!  God Bless!  Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny... I know the PT is painful, but in time it won't be so. Even in pain, you continue to do the Lord's work. Bless you! You are my role model! bea

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, Not sure if I've been here before, if so it's been awhile!!  But I put your journal on my alerts, I enjoyed reading a few entries.  You live in Southern Calif. near me, and I've made my way to Mexico a couple of times to help our some churches there, recently.... but don't go often.  

Take Care,
Joann

Anonymous said...

Hello!  hope your physical therapy went well.  Wow,  to be retired and give back to people not as fortunate as us...that is a really good thing.   I"m sorry if you are in pain...I am imagining you without pain and very happy!  Thanks for stopping by my journal!  hugs.  Maria  

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

Thanks for the poem.  It's beautiful.  It's always nice to see you "blathering"  :).  I'm glad you are having some good days!  I fell again...this time landed on my tail bone.  Eeeesh that hurt!  It just takes me so long to get over something when I injure myself!  My ankle and shin finally got better from the fall at work, just in time for my next fall.  Now it's hard going up stairs again...feels like I'm going to come apart at my tailbone.  Oh well...this too shall pass!  Keep this up and I'll be in rehab too!!  :)

Glad Andrea is in more places in the yearbook.  That always builds self esteem.

Blessings!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting me to your journal.  Sounds like you have had a busy day with lots to do.  It's wonderful having family around.  I miss the days when Emily would come home and tell her about her day.  I was so looking forward to this next year, her Senior year.  Would seem that I don't get to be a part of it but there's nothing I can do but pray about it.  Nothing ever takes the love out of a mother's heart for her children.  I love your graphics and your side bar.
I have several bags of stuff to give to the thrift store myself.  Emily left so much that she felt was not worth anything.  I decided to bag it up and give it to someone who would appreciate it all.  What iw that old saying, one mans garbage is another mans treasure??
God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
Wow What a great deal of good work you guys do! So sorry that the border people would not let you in, but I'm glad you gave it to Catholic Charities for they are a very good group of people!
I'm so happy that Andrea has her first memory book!
love,nat