Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Easter Vacation & stuff

First of all . . . CarnivAOL #36 and I sent in an entry as did a lot of other fine folks.

       

Last Saturday, we went to the Air Show at Pt Mugu Naval Base.  This year, it was the Air Force Thunderbirds who flew, with the unveiling of F-22 Raptor which will be in use in 2008.  It was a  "you had to be there" kind of thing.  The Raptor was absolutely AWESOME!  I got some really good pictures .  I'm uploading them to Photobucket to make a slide show.  I'll try to get the link into my next entry.

Andrea is on Catalina Island for 5 glorious days!  The kids from church left at 5 am yesterday.  They will be doing a short discipleship training and joining other youth from the island in two days of community outreach.  I think it will be wonderful for all involved.  Puhleez tell her we were bored to death while she was gone!  The truth is we already miss her . . .

I went to the neurologist today about my back.  They can't do an MRI of my whole back, just one piece at a time, LOL.  It's like going back to the dark ages (1970's) of medical treatment.  Back then I was on MediCal - sort of like Medicaid of today. I had "girl" stuff wrong with me . . . they couldn't do it all at once, just cut away one piece at a time.  Sad back then, sad now. So if this MRI doesn't tell, maybe they will look at another part of me.  It's not just my problem, though.  People are having medicare/medicaid/insurance problems.  I'm just one of the throng.  Guess we'll all have to have faith that health care will be better for everyone.  Yup.  That sounds good.

So this next few days will be wonderful for Rob and me.  Even with just one child, we don't get much time to ourselves.  We don't have to do anything while Andrea is gone.  We can get up when we want, go out when we want,  run away if we want and sleep when we want.  ISN'T THAT COOL??

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL &

     BLESSED  EASTER VACATION !!

      

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have LOVED that airshow. I haven't been to one in years and I saw the "Blue Angels" perform.  That was years ago and they unveiled the  plane that hovers, and goes back and forth like a helocopter. I can't recall the name. It's been well over 20 yrs.
Enjoy your time alone.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Our local air show was cancelled this year (would be coming up early summer) due to costs.  Sad, but true.  I'll miss it, but maybe next year!!!

Enjoy the few days of peace and quiet and being a young couple alone again.  

Happy and Blessed Easter.  Kathy

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))I hope you all are enjoying your vaction time.Down the street from us,they have plane shows,we can see them flying over our house.We can also hear the big planes fly over our house,sometimes we all think ithe might hit us.They come so close.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Have fun Penny and Rob!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- Hope you have a Blessed Easter!  Sounds goooood when you get time away from the child (I get about 2 nights a year- when hubby and I go birthday and Christmas shopping for the boy- that's "our date"!!! LOL)  Anyway- I do hope you'll be able to find out what's going on with your back soon, and be able to get it 'fixed'.  Have a great rest of the week Penny!  Carolyn :)