Monday, March 19, 2007

What's This About Faith?

                     

I have always loved this verse.  When I am blind, if I will just open His word, there is a lamp shining there that will help me open my eyes.  Everything, every problem, worry, fear, how to receive and how to let go is in the pages of the Bible.  I can then see the narrow path that I must follow to obedience and eternal life.

That seems so easy to read and so hard to do.  God had my name written on the palm of his hand before the creation of the universe.  He gave us the opportunity to have faith in Him and to learn His ways. 

What about faith?  Is yours stronger than mine?  Can you see any differences by looking at me?  Are you thinking that someone lacks faith because healing hasn't come?  The apostle Paul in 2Cor12:7 - 10 tells of a thorn (demon to buffet him) in his side.  Three times he asked the Lord to remove it.  The last time the Lord said, "My grace is sufficient for you". 

Does this mean we can stop praying or have others stop praying for our difficulties, illnesses, terminal diseases?  No!  It's just that sometimes the answer is as it was for Paul. 

Because I am not healed from my physical and mental illness, recently a man prayed for me and asked the Lord to give me enough faith that I could have that healing.  It hurt me to think that he had doubts about my faith.  My faith may not manifest itself as yours (his) does.  Truth is this I know well my faith in Jesus Christ.  I have seen His power, love and miracles.  He will do that for me.  I don't have a terminal illness.  As long as the Lord wishes, I will bear this burden knowing that my testimony will be either the healing by His hand or the evidence of His grace poured out on me.

I ask you all to pray for our friends facing cancer right now:

John & Krissy,  Jeannette & Mike, Sugar 

Blessings,  Penny

         

         

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully and well said, Penny.  God bless you,

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

AS I JUST SAID IN KRISSY'S JOURNAL......."SOMETIMES GOD NEEDS A NEW ANGEL IN HEAVEN...."
BEAUTIFUL ENTRY HERE PENNY....
THANK YOU FOR IT.
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Well, dear Penny, all too often people are fed, straight out of pulpits that how much faith one has matters.  Never mind what the naysayers say.  Just cling to what the Master said, "Faith as a grain of mustard seed."  I praise and thank God that you are grounded solid enough in His word not to be swayed or blown down by this poor souls counsel.  To say one needs more faith even limits the power and faithfulness of our God, as the Bible tells us faith is a gift from God, and that God gives good gifts to his children.  It's like being alive or dead.  Pregnant or not.  You can't have some faith, more faith, etc.  You either have faith or you don't.  

Personally, I believe that is one wonderful reason God did not remove the thorne in Pauls side even though no one could doubt his faith.  He wanted recorded for all of us the fact that sometimes he just does not choose to do a thing.  His ways are higher than ours.  Sometimes he says wait.  Sometimes he says I want to give you something better, something different.  

I'm preaching to the choir again, aren't I?  Forgive me.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Only the Lord knows how much faith we really have.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))Amen!!!!!!!!!!have a good week.

Anonymous said...

God's will and power doesn't rest in our faith in him.. with out us and our faith he is still God.  Keep walking YOUR walk sis and working out your own salvation.  I am sure this person meant well but was missguided and unaware of the sting his words had.  

Sometimes when we have perfect peace dispite the current situation we are in others don't get it, but don't let that bring you down. (((HUGS)))

Much Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Penny!  Thank you for sharing.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me that you're questioning your own faith.  If it were that strong why would anyone's opinion mean anything to you?  Why would you feel the need to justify it in a journal  entry?  Sounds like less time on the computer and more soul searching and being true to yourself may be the only answer you need.

Peace out,

Jade

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- what a great entry.  I wrote to someone else about this same thing- about faith.  There's no doubt that God can heal anyone- but sometimes He chooses a different path, which might even be to call that person home.  It has nothing to do with faith, or lack of.  What shows more faith to me, is to live with God's answer- or lack of, whether we want it or not.  It's hard to do- and sometimes I find myself grumbling about things that haven't changed according to what I want.  It's times like that when I have to hitch up my faith- and Trust that He knows more than I do about what I need- so it's up to the Lord, and that's all there is to it.  Thank you Penny for writing this.  It's something that many people need to hear.  God Bless you- Carolyn

Anonymous said...

It always reminds me that even Jesus himself asked God to "remove the bitter cup but not my will be done but thine" and so is true with us. We all have drank from the bitter cup and sometimes no matter how much faith we have the trials and pain we face will not go away but rather the Lord's grace is sufficient and he will help us make it through.  Someday we will understand. What a lovley entry. I too love The Lord with all my heart rain or shine!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny, woah!
What astrong entry!
i hesitate to even dream about anyone who would doubt your strength or your faith! I for one do not! hugs
and I will pray for them
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Hi, Penny! What a lovely message and definitely intended for someone questioning their faith (not you).  I'm sure that the Lord made sure that that person received the message, because that's what He does.  He makes sure to put it on someone's heart to talk about something important like this so that someone in need gets confirmation of an answer they received from reading His word or hearing a Pastor preach or whatever.  Isn't the Lord good?  And thank you for being obedient to His direction.  I hope you'll always feel free to spend all the time on the computer that you need!  God bless you, Penny!