Monday, January 22, 2007

Word Play with Val


Oh, how I love words! They have fascinated me since the early 1950's. I love the sound as they are spoken and sung and written. Can't get enough. Val's Wordplay this week shows some of the most popular sounding words, most horrible sounding words and her favorites. She asks us this.Don't leave your words here, please.Go on over to Val and let her know.

Do you agree with these?Do you have a favorite sounding word or words? Are there any words you dislike the sound of? List them in the comments section . If you do this as an entry in your journal, please come back and leave a full entry URL so that we can go back and read your entry.Thanks!

The words I love to hear are these: symphony, cherish, beloved, sunshine, lullaby, everlasting, Lord, Savior, soulmate, friend and oh so many more.

The words I dislike: crash, murder, hate, loser, stupid, retard, venom.any words that criticize harshly and foul language. Yes, I might use them if I were writing a book (not foul words, though) to get my point across if anotherr word didn't work.

Words can keep our minds alert and growing even as we grow older. We read them, look them up, close our eyes to the sound of them, I think of most words as part of a symphony just for me.

Learn some new words.Share what you like and dislike with Val

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Thats an intresting list you have there,I like it.Have a nice night.


Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
that is fun!:):)
My favorite words: love, cherish, loyalty, fealty, genius, cherish, ingenius, cherish, angels, savior, lark, saintly, fantastic, unbeleivable.
Bad words include: a lair, a cheat, a no count, a con, evil, lousy, ingrained, anal,
repetitous, flat, disloyal, drug dealer, drug addict
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Over at Val's for favorite words, I put Mama, Daddy & baby.  I meant to put Heaven, but I forgot.
You don't want to heave what I put for the word I hate, LOL.
I LOVE your list.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Pimple is an ugly word to me, lol!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your lists of favorite words are very beautiful to me.  In a rush to post, I forgot to add words that I disliked to my post.  ACK!  I really, really like what you put, Penny!  Wonderful entry!  Have a good day, love...  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Words  are indeed fascinating. Looks like you picked some good one for your favorites and your dislikes.  Funny how many of them sound just like the meaning they evoke.