Monday, September 11, 2006

Now the Day is over . . .

"Now the day is over, night is drawing nigh . . .Shadows of the evening . . . steal across the sky . . . Dear Lord give your children, calm and sweet repose . . .With thy tend'rest blessing, may my eyelids close . . . "  (from a favorite childhood hymn - can't find author's name to give credit)

          

My friends, it's been an amazing day.  The truth is,I couldn't bear to watch the planes hit the towers again today.  I got a quick glimpse of the news before I went to the doctor and that was enough.  I spent most of the day reading your journals.  If I didn't comment, please forgive me.  Your memories, tributes and opinions meant so much to me.  We have all had such different experiences with a common thread running through them.  We are truly brothers and sisters in the most wonderful nation on earth. 

My friend Kathy (onestrangecat) sent me the tag you see in my side bar.  I just love tags with my name on them. Two years ago I didn't even know what a tag was . . .

I'm thinkin' about thinkin' about going to sleep pretty soon.  I pray that angels will guard your sleep as well.  Blessings and prayers, Penny

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful.  I shed a few tears yesterday reading all the journal tributes

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I found it impossible to watch those images yet again.  They will never be erased from my memory.

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny
hi! actually the media showed a lot of beautiful images of several differnt colored roses in the ponds there and people reading their loved one's name out loud.
I did not see the Pentagon one but Penny they interviewed the wife of that brave pilot who decided to sacrifice his life and others to save the Wite House! She adn her daughters are a sheer delight!
I was concerned for Bill since his squadrom went down; howver tis morning he said his wife Libby got tos ee a flag for each of the 36 peopel he lsot ina beautiful field! lots of Love Penny
natalie

Anonymous said...

Yes. I was also moved to tears by a lot of tributes that the AOL community had written.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my journal that was sweet of you. I need more readers and it's always nice to see when a shameless plug works. lol ~Carly~


Anonymous said...

Thank you Penny- that was a beautiful entry.  I've never heard that hymn before, but it is a thoughtful one, I might start reciting it to my little one before bed!  I could say a bunch more- but I don't want to be too long winded here!  Thanks- God Bless!  Carolyn