Sunday, September 24, 2006

BY HIS GRACE . . .

                      

I sent out some e-mails this morning to people I care about.  One I sent to my step-grandchildren's mom.  I love her as if she were truly my daughter-in-law.  When I returned from church, there was a note from her in my mailbox.  I'll share it here:

Hi Penny,

I was just thinking about you.  I needed  to tell you that yesterday morning D was driving home and had a head on collision.  He is ok, and only by the grace of God.  His truck is totaled. It happened because K and D went to Magic Mountain Friday night with their church, they got back to the church at 3:00am, but they have an option to be locked in until 7:00am and just play games. He went to breakfast with K and some friends and then headed home to go to sleep.  He fell a sleep at the wheel just before turning onto Grand Ave. the busy street which frightens me.  He hit a Ford Explorer head on.  The Lord spared 6 lives yesterday.  There was 2 adults, a teen girl, a 6 yr old and a baby in that car, all walked away.

Well, tomorrow we leave for a 4 night cruise which is for K and D's graduation.  It was almost spoiled yesterday.

We have a lot to thank the Lord for. 

Talk to you soon,
Love

                                    

These young people have grown up before my eyes.  When I first met the family, my late husband and I were not married too long and K was a baby - she had the most beautiful eyes and smile.  Then D was born.  He was so cute!  Big brown eyes and a hint of a smile at all times.  It seems yesterday that they were babes.  This year they are both graduating from High School. K is 18 and D is about 1 1/2 years younger.  They are clean, responsible young people living a life for Christ.  I give the Lord thanks that our grandson is alive and well.  Yes, I did say our grandson.  These tall blondish kids love me as their true grandma and when I chose to remarry, they accepted Rob as part of the family and call him Grandpa.  We look a little wierd when we are all out together, They and their mom are quite tall - their step-dad (long story) is short, I am round, Rob is brown as are our girls.  Yet we feel the fellowship of family.  Praise God for his mighty riches!    

             and he carried my grandson and 6 others to safety yesterday.  I hope the rest of your Sunday is as blessed as mine has been.

                    


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the lord no one was hurt:) God is great! have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thank God everyone is OK!  It's scary how quickly things like serious accidents can happen- but I am very glad that your grandkids and the other people were unhurt~  As for your family~ you all sound so warm and close- closer than some 'blood' families.  I think it's great and incredible how you all are so well bonded!  God Bless you and your family this coming week Penny!  Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

am so happy to hear no one was hurt.yes the grace of God.

angelrose

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that no one was badly hurt.

praying for you today.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I agree with previous commentors. I am so glad that nobody was hurt.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I've always said I have two kinds of family members.... some are because we share blood and some are because we share hearts.

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny
whaa beautiful story! hugs and love,natalie
ps I too am so happy that your dear family was saved by the grace of God! I am amazed too at some of the great miracles that I have witnessed! Be Well!
Lots of Love to you and your family,natalie
ps I love the Footprints in the Sand!
nat

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny
whaa beautiful story! hugs and love,natalie
ps I too am so happy that your dear family was saved by the grace of God! I am amazed too at some of the great miracles that I have witnessed! Be Well!
Lots of Love to you and your family,natalie
ps I love the Footprints in the Sand!
nat

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everyone made it through that safely!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Thank God! Tammy

Anonymous said...

Thank God everyone came out of that ok!!  WOW!
Pam