Monday, July 10, 2006

Ups and Downs

                             

Hi there, my J-Land friends.  This is about how my week has been.  A smooth ride for a while and then a roller coaster.  Up and down, back and forth, the ride of my life has been unpredictable.

We had a wonderful day the 4th of July.  We barbecued out front for whoever showed up.  We had 5 little girls who nearly drove us crazy, but who also reminded us of what joy there is in life.

Emotions have been running high for us this week as well.  Kayla had more than one disappointment.  We feel protective of her, so when someone disappoints, we get upset.  rob got upset one way and I another.  We spat our emotions at each other, forgetting that our goal was the same.  We were uncomfortable for a couple of days.

We have filled our home with birds.  We now have Button the Patagonian, Rembrandt the Black-capped Lory, Sunny Sky the African Ring-necked parakeet, Squirt the Green-cheeked Conure, and a breeding pair of cockatiels.  I can't remember their names, but will get them today.  Outside, we have 3 doves and a pigeon.  We're going to need a bigger house and yard very soon!

I worked 4 days last week.  Usually it's only 3, but someone was on vacation.  I really noticed the difference.  I missed the extra day at home and by Saturday, the day seemed to drag by.  I could hardly wait for 6 pm.  Today I am taking 5 little girls to the swimming pool.  Fortunately, I don't have to do anything but swim some laps and then supervise my kids.  I slept late and am going to bed early.  I deserve it.  It's my day off.

I pray that each and every one of you have a good day.  Many blessings in Christ, Penny

                

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your sunscreen girly!   :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,  Your birds have some great names.  Have a lovely day. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic, LOL! Tammy http://journals.aol.com/memes121/AsIAM/#Entry703

Anonymous said...

Penny...I hope you're enjoying your day!  I love the rollercoaster graphic - the way she looks on the other side is how I feel a lot of the time - LOL!

Hugs,
Gwynn

Anonymous said...

I love that graphic too! I'm glad you have filled your home with birds again, I know how much you love them. Have a good week! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Oh i hope all is well with you and Rob again....i dont want my Penny to be upset!!!!!!  Sounds like you are super busy....but you always find the joy that some of us miss. LOVE YOU!
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I've heard more than one person say this past week was like a rollercoaster.  Must be a theme.  Hope yours will turn into a pleasant, slow, relaxing gondola ride.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Cute graphic...it reminds me of Monty Python!  HA HA HA...  Enjoy you day off!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,
Thanks for stopping by my journal and leaving me a comment. God is an awesome God always.... May God continue to bless you and your family and stay strong in the Lord, He is able to do all things on His timing. God bless!
Jessie

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to see how you've been, wishing you all you desire.  What a wonderfully active life you have!  Cathy

Anonymous said...

Love the mad graphic!  Would love to see pictures of all the birds.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

dear Penny
I met a conure teh other day! cool bird! love you and Im so happy that you have so many birds! I hope he girls are doing well! what ahilarious graphic and how true!
love,natalie