Monday, July 17, 2006

Blessings in the Good Times and Bad

                       

Yes, God truly is good!  I've been overwhelmed lately as you might have guessed from my last entry.  My emotions have been up and down and I've been in pain.  I've tried so hard to get to your journals, but just have not been able to do so.  If you haven't heard from me, rest assured that I am still here and will visit soon.

In the midst of all of this, I have seen the hand of God moving in our lives and in the lives of so many people we love.  The more we pray, the more we see the miracles of the Lord.  He is so faithful to bless us in everything we do. 

Though I've been in pain, I am swimming a minimum of 3 times a week now.  Friday I swam 600 meters.  I can swim more and often do, but I can tell my limit and stop when I have reached it.  I feel like the slowest one in the pool.  At least I'm not the biggest one.  There is something so peaceful about swimming. 

In church this morning, I had the opportunity to hold one of the new babies born to our members.  He's about 2 months old.  I have to tell you, I never feel more at peace than when I hold a baby in my arms.  Rob calls it my "baby fix".  I held Joshua throughout the service.  He is such a peaceful baby.  He slept about 90% of the time.  The rest of the time, he had eyes open wide and he just stared intently at me.  What a wonderful feeling!  I heard every word the pastor spoke.  My mind was at peace and able to listen.  

We have a busy week ahead.  Lupe leaves for camp in the morning.   I have to take the girls to county health to see that their vaccinations are up to date and for a skin check.  Then we need to buy paint for the living room, kitchen and computer room.  A group of teens from the church needs to earn money to go to a convention of teens in leadership and we've decided to hire them to do what we have been putting off. 

Rob rearranged our living room today,  What he did made it look like there is more space.  I can hardly wait for the painting to be finished. Rob has worked so hard to make our little house a home.  His work is paying off big time.

I pray for you all everyday and appreciate your prayers and comments.  Be blessed in the Lord today.

   

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Penny!  Congrats on that swimming. :)

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

It makes me smile to know you felt at peace and you have  been able to swim and that the girls are doing well. I am tickled you dont have to paint. I HATE to paint and i need to get up off my duff and deal with some painting in my home.
LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,  Swimming is the best all round exercise that you can it so it doesn`t matter if you`re the slowest, you probably end up being one of the fittest!  You`re so right and new born babies, they do bring a very contented feeling.  Have a lovely day. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I love to swim for as long as I can and then just float.  My most recent entry tells a humorous story of doing just that!  It really is good exercise, and I love the feel of water.. it's very soothing.
Thank you for reminding us to be thankful for our blessings!  Michelle

Anonymous said...

Swimming and holding babies brings you peace, then I say swim more and hold more babies!! I'm glad you have those moments in your life. I hope you continue to get better, and don't worry about getting back to everyone's journal... that's a huge endeavor.  bea

Anonymous said...

Swimming is very good for you! Babies are so sweet aren't they? Joshua seemed to be  completely at home with you! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Best wishes and take care...

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

Big hugs Penny ((((Penny))))
is your congregation of followers praying for your recovery? So happy that swimming is peacful and helps you
love you,natalie

Anonymous said...

Awww new babies are the best!!  Glad you got to hold him for the service.  


Amy

Anonymous said...

You know Penny, there's actually a name for that emotion, it's called "baby lust" and women just can't help feeling all swoony around new babies.  I applaud your swimming, keep it up.  It's the most helpful exercise for people with pain, and does the most good.  God bless you!  Cathy