Monday, June 5, 2006

End of the world?

I got this from Betty who got it from her friend Fran

 

Some people are expecting the end of the world tomorrow -- since it will be June 6, 2006. (6.6.6)

I think this is just plain silly -- but it does bring up something that isn't acted on enough in our busy lives... IF tomorrow were the last day of the world:

1) What do you want to be remembered for? 

If it's the end of the world, no one will remember me.  If it's just that Jesus comes, most of the people left won't even know who I was.

2) What would you wish you would have done?

My best for Jesus.

Be blessed today.  Tomorrow is but an empty promise.

Penny

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful :).

Betty

Anonymous said...

They've been forecasting the end of the world since the beginning!! I'm sure it will come one day but I don't want it too soon! Have a great day! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I love your answers Penny.  

May I just say, Ditto?  :)

Hugs,
Gwynn

Anonymous said...

I had heard about this. I did not realize that Tuesday would be 06-06-06. I love your answers. Hopefully this will make many people think.
Take Care,
Louise

Anonymous said...

I like your answer "My best for Jesus".

Krissy still at Hope Lodge
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/sometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Loved your answers!  I hope you don't mind, but I did this in my journal as well... I gave credit to you and your friends, but I STILL don't know how to hyperlink other than using http, but you can find me here:
http://journals.aol.com/INAFRNZ247/Reflections/          hugs, Michelle

Anonymous said...

Love your answers Penny and I totally agree

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Great words of wisdom Penny.  We must all strive to have our banner clear when Jesus gets here.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Bubba and I were discussing this.  Sadly, for many, many folks today was the end...the end of their world, their life.  Wonder how many were ready?  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

dear Penny,
I would have wished to have been able to reach and to help many people in small ways.
I don't think that I wil be remembered except by my best freinds and family.
love,natalie