Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Doggone!

Well, we put an ad in the paper last Friday to give the dog to anyone who would like.  We had tons of calls, all day long.  I wanted him out of our lives.  He wasn't a bad dog, but considering what had happened, I couldn't look at him without resentment. 

A young couple showed up Friday evening looking for a companion for their dog.  This one seemed perfect.  Dog, collar and leash got into their car and headed some 30 miles away to become their new pet. I was happy to see him go.

A few hours later, the gal called back, said he was piddling all over their house and they couldn't handle that.  Could they bring him back in the morning?  Reluctantly I said yes.  We expected them at the crack of dawn, but they didn't show up.  I thought perhaps they had changed their minds.  Alas, it wasn't so.

As I was on my way to work, I received her call.  He had escaped from her yard and despite 3 hours of looking, they could not find him.  She said she would call if he showed up.  She never called back.

Well, doggone.  I hope he steps into the life of a family that will love him.  I don't want him here.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for the girls.  They are looking forward to it.  I wish we had year-round school.  Summer is a boring time for kids.  The first few days are great, but after that . . . well you know.  I think we will have them in Tae Kwon Do alot.

I'll be getting back to your journals now.  And I have some more news to share in my next entry.

Love, Hugs and Blessings to you all,

                             

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the dog finds a home.....i know you are still sad over the bird.....the dog kinda sounds like trouble. I hope the news you have to share is good news.
My kids have been out of school for 2 wks already.
Love ya,lisa

Anonymous said...

hope the dog finds someone to care for him...had you had him long? he might find his way back to you! the school holidays are to long for the kids, they dont know what to do with themselves...
                   Best Wishes!
Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

I can understand you not wanting to keep the dog, I wouldn't either. I do hope he gets taken in by some one, I think he was piddling in the new place bacause another dog was there and he was trying to mark his territory, it happens a lot. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Goodness! What an ordeal.  Give him away just for him to run away.  I bet that dog ends up sitting on your front steps in a few days from having found his way back "home".  LOL.


Amy

Anonymous said...

i ak\lso hope he finds a lovely family that will love him to

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny...just stopping by to say hello!  So, hi!  Cute dog.  Hopefully he found a home. Stop by again some time. Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,  I hope the dog finds a really good home soon. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny, Love ot you Penny! I hope too that your dog finds someone who is caring and kind.
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Hope the dog finds a new home soon.

Krissy at Hope Lodge
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

She expected him to come pottie trained??!?!?!?!  LOL  God bless and keep this little dog.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm sad that the dog killed your little bird, and I know how you feel about that. It sounds like he's going to have a tough life. He looks like he might have some mini-schnauzer in him. You have enough animals to take care of already! Your two new birds will bring some normalcy back to your life, Penny! bea