Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving ALREADY?

I've not been here in a while . . . for multiple boring reasons I need not share. I've missed a lot in the last 5 to 6 weeks. I missed Columbus Day. No big deal, but it is always fun for me to look up some obscure information to share along with, of course, the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria.

Then I missed Veteran's Day, for heaven's sake! I'm married to a Veteran. It is these times I like to write up what a wonderful job our Veterans have done and ask others to support and thank each and every one of them for their sacrifice.

I don't do Halloween, so I didn't miss that.  However I do love autumn (even though we don't see it much here in SoCal) and snagged quite a few neat graphics.

Isn't this one heartwarming? Reminds me of way back then when someone else's family was getting all the fun and a bonfire to boot! My son lives where there is winter, spring, summer and fall. I'm a bit jealous of him, really. He gets to see all the changes throughout the year.I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and I'd like to share some of that with you here. It's been a very stress-filled year fraught with illnesses and both big and small problems. That's the way it is. So here is my personal gratitude list :

We have a God who loves so much, that He promises He will never leave us nor forsake us.

1. I have finally begun to lose weight - 45 lbs so far

2.  I have seen how deep the love of family is . . . even when things are extreme . . . also the love of a friend is sweet when I need to talk and so precious when that friend is a trusted Internet buddy (you know who you are) that you have never met.

3.  The basic stuff is so important - there are a lot of people who have not even the least of these.  We have a roof over our heads, too much food in the 'fridge, hot water to wash our bodies and the dishes and we have a goodly amount clothing. We are comfortable here.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for all of this.  There have been time when some of this has been absent.

4.  I am grateful for my wonderful husband.  The Lord sent him to me had been widowed for over 3 years.  He takes care of me when I am ill or hurting, and cleans up when I am unable.

I'll  tell you more things I am thankful for in the next entry.   In the meantime, it would be so cool if you woul d write your list and let me know either in the comments, in  your journal, or in an e-mail..

I love you all and wish you all the Lord's blessings, 

                                                   

                                   

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that I have the Lord in my life, the Church, my wonderful John, my family (love you Sissy!), my friends (especially jland!), you ;), kitty, a new home, food, clothes, this computer, and many other things.  I will try to name more things next time!  Love you Sweetie!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to do a daily "thankful" for the last few days; I believe you're the one who inspired me to do that last year.  I miss you.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I am sorry you are going through so muceh.But its good to have a loving family and a good friend.I am thankful for my family,boyfrend,friends,job.Have a nice day/

Anonymous said...

Penny, I've missed your posts and was happy to see you here.  Keeping you in thought and prayer.

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Penny!  Give that Veteran of yours a big thank you hug from me will you?!  You are thankful for much the same things I am.  I did a journal entry:  http://journals.aol.com/bhbner2him/LifeFaithinCaneyhead/
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Penny. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving this year :-)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you.  I love that graphic.  I live where there are two seasons.  Summer and winter.  And winter is still mild.  It's in the 80's here.  Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!  Good to hear you are doing well! :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to have you back! We all have so much to be Thankful for!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it has been about this past year but I haven't been journaling much either.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I've been getting maybe one entry in a week, on the average. There's so much going on, so much to do, and the fact is that I have to put the internet near the bottom so I can get the urgent living stuff taken care, you know? So you didn't miss anything... you just weren't doing it on the internet. We understand. This is a problem we never had 15 years ago, heck I wasn't even aware of how much time a computer could take from my personal life until two years ago. Live and learn. Still, I won't give it up until some tragedy takes it from me, I am certain about that. Til death do us part! I hope you have a pleasant dinner with your family this week. bea

Anonymous said...

What a nice Thankful List Penny!  I am thankful for God's hand of protection through the wildfire that came through here last spring, and thankful that my husband's able to work at his job, then work around here on his time off- so hard to clean up all the damaged and destroyed spots!  I am thankful that although his work is mighty slow, we were able to put a little away when he was busy so we have just enough now, and that the Lord will provide for us always.  I am thankful for all my new sisters and brothers in Christ I have met in J Land and on the net.  I am thankful for Him giving me the need to pray for others who are going through worse than me- and being grateful for them, and for letting me know in His ways just how much He loves me- even when I don't deserve it.  Thank you Penny for you- for encouraging me by the way you have many things to go through so graciously- you teach me more than you know!  God Bless you and Rob and your family this Thanksgiving!!  Love Carolyn : )

Anonymous said...

All wonderful things to extend our gratitude for, Penny.  And I'm grateful to see you in your own back yard again!  xoxo  CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/